twenty-four

(miya's p.o.v)

"Carl, seriously pick up your fucking phone. I know you're avoiding me. Ash's mom is in the hospital and he isn't doing so well. Please just call me back when you get this," I shut off my phone after the fifth message I left Carl. I know he's pissed at me for leaving him for Ash. But, what would've happened if I didn't?

We've been in the waiting room of the hospital for about an hour now, waiting to hear news about Ash's mom. Ian is here sitting with us, thank God for him. He cleaned Ash up and actually got some words out of him.

"Ash Chambler," a nurse called out as she stepped into the waiting room. The three of us stood up right away. Ash grabbed my hand, telling me he wanted me with him when he heard the news.

"I'm Ash," his raspy voice said. "W-What happened? I-Is she okay?" The nurse had a sad look on her face and I already knew what she was going to say.

"We figured out that your mother had a heart attack. When we took her in, she had no pulse. Sir, we tried to revive her, but had no luck. I'm very sorry for your loss," the nurse said those last words as sincerely as she could.

Ash squeezed my head as tight as he could and he turn towards me. Tears were in his eyes long before the nurse called his name, but now they were falling down his cheeks like a waterfall. I let him rest his head on my shoulder as he cried and cried.

Besides his mother, Ash had no other family. No younger or older siblings, no aunts or uncles. His grandmother died last year. I remember he took me to the funeral with him. Now, his mother is gone.

I tried my hardest to hold back my tears. Ash's mom was so awesome and sweet. She would always try to start conversations with me whenever she saw me and she used to pack my lunches sometimes when Ash complained about how I didn't eat at school. But, that was before Jason came along and then I got better. Now, that's gone. All of what I just said is gone.

"I don't know what I'm going to do without her. I have no one else," Ash lifted his head up and looked deep in my eyes.

"That's not true. You have me and I'm not gonna leave you here alone. So, if you want to, you can stay with me," I told him. "For however long you want." I know Carl is going to hate me for this, but I want to help Ash as much as I can. I want to make sure he doesn't feel alone.

"Thank you, Miya," he tried to smile, but I know it's hard for him to do that right now.

"Come on, you need to rest," I grabbed my phone and jacket off of the waiting room chair I was sitting in and informed Ian of what was happening. Then, I took Ash back to my house. It's only 10:00 pm so I'm certain Lip and Kate are still up with the baby.

I walked into my house, one arm around Ash. Kate and Lip were laying down on the couch watching TV. Their heads snapped up once they heard the door open.

"Hey, um, can I talk to you guys for a quick second," I whispered to them. They both nodded and got up, heading into the kitchen. "Sit down and make yourself at home. I'll be right back," I told Ash.

"Where's Carl," was the first question Kate threw at me when I followed them into the kitchen. "What happened?"

"I got a call from Ash saying that he needed me and he was scared and shit. So, I told Carl that I needed to go to Ash and he told me he wouldn't go with me because of what Ash did in the past, you know? When I got to Ash's house he was covered in blood and said he got in a fight with Chase and Jason, he didn't tell me why, though. But, that's not why he called me. When I got there, his mom was lying on their living room floor. She wasn't moving or anything so we called an ambulance and got her to a hospital. Turns out she had a heart attack and died," I explained to them. "Look, I know this is really sudden. But he has no other family, no where else to go. Can he stay here? Just until he can get back on his feet?"

I could tell by the looks on their faces that they were both shocked and suprised at all of this.

"Y-Yeah, he can stay here as long as he needs," Lip answered. "Is he okay? Does he needs something to eat or drink?"

"Babe, I don't think he was to eat anything right now. He just lost his mom," Kate whispered to Lip.

"Well, yeah but you never know he might want some water," Lip whisper yelled.

"Yeah, water is fine. I'm gonna take him upstairs so he can rest. Then, I'm gonna gonna go back to the hotel and try to work this shit out with Carl. Sound good?" They both nodded.

Lip made a quick glass of water and handed it to me. I then went back into the living room to help Ash upstairs. I grabbed his hand and led him up the stairs and into my bed room. I walked him over to my bed where he sat down and put his head in his hands. I set the glass of water down on the small table next to my bed and knelt down in front of Ash.

"Hey, do you need anything? I got you water but if you want anything else to eat or drink...?" He didn't answer, he just kept his head in his hands. I stood up and walked over to my closet where I pulled a pair of Carl's sweatpants and a t-shirt. "Here, they're Carl's but, I figured you'd want something more comfortable to sleep in." I handed him the clothes and he finally lifted his head up. His eyes were red and puffy from crying and he had bruises and scratches all over his face.

"I don't think Carl would like me wearing his clothes," he said, grabbing the water off the table and taking a sip.

"I guess he'll just have to deal with it," I said, trying to cheer him up. Though it didn't work. I knelt back down infront of him and rested my hands on his knees. "I have to go back to the hotel and talk to Carl and stuff. But, I'll be back early tomorrow morning. So, if you need anything, just ask Kate or Lip. They'll probably check on you throughout the night. Just change, drink some water, and get some sleep, okay?"

"Thanks you so much for being here for me tonight. I don't know what would've happened if you didn't show up," he said, finally meeting my eyes for the first time since we left the hospital. "I love you, Miya," he then pulled me into a tight hug and I felt tears began to burn in my eyes as I hugged him back.

"You know I'm always here for you, Ash. That's what bestfriends are for. I love you, too." He pulled away looked down at his hands.

"I'm gonna go change. I'll see you tomorrow," he said, grabbing the clothes I gave him and walking into the bathroom without saying another word.

-

a/n: sorry this had like no Carl in it, but next chapter is all Carl and Miya. I promise. im planning on updating again today so stay tuned.