47; vengeance

MERCY FOR THE LOST
VENGEANCE FOR THE PLUNDERERS

❝ MERCY FOR THE LOSTVENGEANCE FOR THE PLUNDERERS ❞

His eyes were somber. They seemed to be drifting to the woods, past the rusted gates and the Alexandria Safe Zone sign. Mercy for the lost, vengeance for the plunderers.

She snickered to lighten the situation. "That's kinda ominous, huh?"

He glanced at the hand written sign. "All bark no bite, if you ask me."

But it scared her, whether or not she liked to admit it. It reinforced the idea that Negan was the biggest plunderer there was, and her father would jump at any chance of vengeance given.

"Are we gonna get out?" She asked softly. The idle car was trailed by a few others since Negan insisted he couldn't leave without his saviors. Atop the watchtower sat Aaron with a knife, holding it near his chest as he peered down at the unmoving vehicle.

"Fine," he muttered, going for the lock.

"Could you be more stoic?" She frowned.

His low laughter jostled the truck. "Stoic? Me? Shit."

"Yeah, could you show a little emotion?"

"Fuck, Vada, don't you think I've shown enough goddamn emotion over the past couple weeks?" He linked his hands behind his head and ruffled his hair, something like Shane used to do. She frowned and fiddled with her fingers.

"I'm not leaving because of you." She sighed.

"I know." He hollowed his cheek and squinted, then twisted to the side. He placed a callused hand on the back of her head and pulled her face toward his. A jolt of panic erupted in her when their lips met, forcing her to pull away after a few moments.

"Negan, Aaron, he's outside. He's on the watchtower." She bit her finger, a nervous habit, and looked up to see the curly haired man gazing into the distance.

"The windows are tinted and he can't fucking see us from this angle, sweetheart, come here." He roughly formed the same position, a hand cupped under her ear with his thumb pressed firmly to her jaw. "I'm gonna fucking miss you."

"I'm not dying, Negan." She smiled and brushed her fingers along his side. "I'll meet you at the house on Friday."

"Fuck, Friday?" He pulled his brows together. "That's three days away."

"Makes up for lost time with family." She leaned back in the seat.

"Three days." He scratched his beard. "Shit."

She twisted the corners of her lips. "Hey, if you ever get bored there're always five ex-wives you can go back to."

He furrowed his brow and straightened his expression. "Don't joke about that. I'm not gonna fucking cheat on you."