27: Stop

Amy Allisons POV

I stared outside the window of mums white leather interior car, we had no idea as to where dad had gone - more or less which police station he had gone to. But where he was going to, we all knew. Nerves stood on end and everyones gaze was always shifting to Axel.

For once in my life I was glad they were not focused on me.

And then were the horrid, ever blooming thoughts of whatever happened to Alyssa.

What I had done, would haunt me forever. What I had said, what I had done. I stayed quiet, staring down at my hands in my lap, alone in the backseat as we drove across town - our future in the hands of our father.

Over the many years we had complained and gone to the police - Alyssa had never once been saved - her parents never getting into trouble.

But deep down - I knew this might just be different. In our semi-small town that was mostly owned by werewolves, sixteen was a somewhat - legal - age for the youth. Not the drinking age or driving age - but you were veiwed as an adult and that also meant that Alyssa could have herself removed from their custody and become independent.

Axel was the most alert, sat up ridged, constantly fidgeting and staring out the car. "If I ran there it would be faster." Axel complained, his eyes shifting over everything that flew past us. "I can hear sirens." Axel sat forward in his seat as Mum turned into Alyssa street.

Three police cars, two ambulances and Dads car. Axel didn't wait for the car to stop when he shoved the door open, jumping out the car quickly. Mum pulled over, the two of us getting out to the horrific sight. Watching Axel run across the road, Dad grabbing him by the shouder to keep him back.

Police men walked scruffy, old men out of the home. My heart beated widely in my chest at the sight of the strangers. Hastily I undid my seat belt and got out of the car quickly. Mum didn't bother calling my name, as she to, got out of the car. My heart beat thrummed even louder as I got closer and and paramedics were wheeling someone out.

Then my heart stopped, breath catching in my throat as a Axel screamed, breaking away from Dad.

I could only watch as Axel was by the side of the bed, Alyssa was awake and staring up at Axel. Axel took her hand, shamelessly letting tears fall down his face.

I could see her busted lip, her black eye. And as Axel held her hand, the feeling of bile rising to my throat came. Large handprints marred her skin. I let tears leak out my eyes.

What had I done?

Why did I do it?

My mind cleared, I had been so selfish. I loved my brother. I loved my best friend. And them together was a complete dream come true. The two most important people in my life were meant to be together.

And yet here I stood, watching as Axel climbed into the ambulance with Alyssa. A sob escaped my lips as I feel to the ground.

Everything I had ever done.

The horrible things I've said.

What I said about my best friend.

The strongest, beautiful, perfect person in the world. She suffered so much and yet she was so carefree, loving and giving. She never treated anyone horribly.