18: Covered Eyes

SIRIUS BLACK WALKED ALONG a dark empty hallway that never seemed to end. It was almost pitch black, the only sounds that could be heard were his footsteps and his heavy breathing.

"Hello?" Sirius called out, but no one answered. His voice echoing from the walls of the enclosed space.

"Is anybody here?" He tried his luck again, but to no avail. He was panicking now, his breathing increasingly becoming much more rapid and his footsteps becoming heavier.

Eventually he reached a door that looked like the front door of his childhood home. Confusion took over the feeling of panic that he had before as he opened the door.

He couldn't find his voice as he made his way inside the room. Unlike the hallway from before, the room was dimly lit. The floor would create a creaking sound every step he took. To his horror, he found none other than his mother.

She was sat on a chair in front of a table, her hands folded on top of the table as if she had been waiting for him. Opposite her, another chair was placed.

"Sit." She said, gesturing to the seat in front of her.

Sirius nervously gulped as he reluctantly pulled out the chair and sat in it.

"I assume you know why you are here." His mother said in an eerily calm voice.

"I don't." Sirius said, trying to find his voice.

"Hmm." Her mother chuckled darkly. "You're better than this Sirius."

Sirius didn't respond. He tried to look at everything but his mother, which proved to be difficult as there was nothing in the room but him, his mother, the chairs they sat it, and the table that separated them.

"No?" His mother asked teasingly. Sirius just shook his head.

"Let me enlighten you then, YOU HAD ONE JOB SIRIUS!" His mother yelled angrily, startling him. "You were supposed to take that potion like a good little boy, but no you just had to mess everything up! You messed up drinking! The Dark Lord will not be pleased by this."

"Dark Lord? What are you talking about?" He asked, but his mother paid no attention to him.

"This is all because of you're meddlesome little friends! Especially that Arroway!" His mother said, her eyes blazing with anger, looking directly at Sirius.

"Tell me Sirius. Do you really think they'd forgiven you? After everything you've done to them? After everything you've done for us?" His mother questioned.

"I did nothing for you people!" Sirius spat. "You know it!"

"It's such a shame. The Dark Lord thought you had promise. You'll regret not being a part of the movement, Sirius." His mother said threateningly.

"Why would I?"

"Because we're going to come for you and you're little friends. It may not be today, but we will do so. And when we do, you're going to look back on the day you refused our offer and wish you hadn't." She warned.

"Maybe we'll start with Arroway."

_____

"NO!" SIRIUS yelled, waking up in a cold sweat. He looked around him to see the other marauders still fast asleep, James was even snoring lightly and Remus was mumbling to himsef. He ran a hand through his disheveled hair, messing it even more, and sighed.