Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Ariel

"Have you ever wondered about your heritage? Your past?" The hooded figure asked. He was doing something to my mind, and It hurt. It hurt so much.

"I-I" I wasn't able to form a coherent sentence because of the pain. It was like someone was shoving a thousand knives in my mind. The pain was everywhere. My head throbbed and I was hunched over on the floor cradling my head.

"Make it stop," I said in between gasps of air, "please."

I just couldn't get enough air no matter what I did. I panted in gulps but nothing happened. He took a step closer to me but I still couldn't see his face. But I could feel.. his power so strong and evil.. I could smell his repugnant smell.. 

Air. I needed air. I gulped in but I couldn't get any. It was like all of it had been sucked from the area around me. Black spots appeared in my vision. I was loosing conscientious.

"You are-" he started.

"Ariel!" I heard a voice cutting through my mind.

"Make it stop!!" I yelled, still not back into the real world.

"my-" the hooded figure continued, dark humor coloring his voice.

I was shaken awake, cutting off the nightmare.

"It was just a dream." He said, hugging me. I collapsed in his arms and slowly became aware of everything. Cold sweat coated my body and I was still shaking. My hair was matted to my forehead.

This is not who I am. I am not weak.

I pushed Daniel back, "Ariel.." he started, looking at me in concern.

"This never happened." I said, my voice full of command.

I knew he had enough power not to listen. But he remained silent and walked out of the room but not before saying, "Get ready! You are leaving today." I ticked him off, I could just tell from his tone of voice. But I didn't need him to comfort me.

My mind was too busy reeling from the dream to think about Daniel's strange behavior lately.

I shuddered thinking of the hooded figure. What was he going to say? 'You are my...' What?? Who was he? He was definitely someone I didn't want to meet.

Fear.

I felt it crawling up my system. He had that power over me.. I shivered.. I didn't like it at all. In fact, I despised it. Fear was on emotion I simply never faced. People were scared of me not the other way around.

This was the first of these nightmares and I definitely didn't want anything of the likes of it. But somewhere deep inside I knew this wasn't the last time I would be seeing the hooded figure. Whether in my dreams or... real life was a mystery to me.

Thirty minutes later I was ready clad in light blue denim high waisted ripped shorts (but they weren't too short that they revealed my ass), a black crop top that said 'Bitch don't kill my vibe', and black converse. The only jewelry I had on was the necklace I was found in, which had Ariel engraved on it.

I didn't do anything to my hair since it stays perfect. Makeup wise, I didn't put anything either. I didn't need to draw anymore attention.

I slung my midnight blue duffel on my shoulder and walked to the meeting room. All thoughts on the dream had been pushed down.