Chapter 9: Rising Fear and Falling Reign

The team just got up and called you and Sara to the bridge. You both complied knowing that you both had to break it off to them. You both got dressed and headed down to the bridge and you, yourself, expected the team to be looking at you either furiously or worried. I mean you just killed a man and confessed your feelings to the woman you loved so it was one helluva night for you. Instead the team was looking at the screen and to both you and Sara’s horrors you saw it too: The Society. The team that you’ve been tracking for a while. The Society consisted of Gorilla Grodd, Catwoman, Cheetah, Deadshot from 2013, Poison Ivy, Golden Glider and Scarecrow who was now a Meta. It would’ve added on if Bane didn’t die by your hands.

You thought it’d be best to tell the team after you fought the Society so you informed Sara of the decision and she also thought about it as well. The team didn’t know you were both there so you announced yourself by saying “What year is that happening?” Everyone turns to notice you and Nate says “Oddly enough 2020.”. Sara then makes herself noticed and says “Alright prep a course (F/N) and I will be ready in a minute.” she then heads to her quarters and you signal Jax to come with you. He was confused for a moment but when he saw you and Sara together he flipped out. “You’re? You’re da-“ he says before finishing. You say interrupting him “Hopefully this is the last we will see of the Society so stay at the top of your game and don’t lose focus. We’ll tell them after.” Then you can see in his head that he is going ballistic. It makes sense he would want to tell the team but both you and Sara forbid it. So he calmed down and as if on cue Mick said “We’re about to jump so get back to the bridge.” You all headed to the bridge and strapped yourselves in. You say, in a spiritual voice “Let’s finish this shall we?” as you jumped to 2020.

Hub City 2020, Sara’s POV

When we got to Hub City I could see Grodd’s destruction ahead. We managed to find their base of operations: a zoo believe it or not. I headed in first to see if anyone was inside and little did I know that every member was there but Bane. I know that (F/N) said that he wounded him but I couldn’t see him anywhere. But I didn’t worry about that, instead I worried about what precisely they needed blueprints to the White House for. We were miles away from the U.S. and they wouldn’t have been doing anything to it here. So I say to Mick on comms “Were the blueprints you got for the White House?”. He seems confused and while I was seeing what they were doing he said “No. It’s not for the White House. It’s for-“ I finished his sentence by saying “A weapon.”

Amaya seemed confused “A weapon?” she said. I heard something on one of the comms. It was (F/N). I didn’t know what he was doing but he then side to us after a while he spoke in a horrified voice saying “It’s a Graviton Splicer.” I was confused. “I’ve never heard of that type of weapon. What does it do?” I ask quietly, hoping the Society didn’t hear me. “It disrupts the gravity in the Earth. It can make it zero gravity or even move the Earth itself.” he says. He starts getting worried we can all hear him. Then he said “We need to get in now or they will activate that weapon.” I was stunned at what he was saying. “They don’t know that we are here so all we have to do is wait, destroy the weapon, then stop the Society.” I say as calmly as I can. (F/N) then starts acting a bit finicky. “I’ve seen what this weapon can do. If we don’t act now who knows what they will do.” he says. I then make a hard decision: act now or wait and see. “Alright. Let’s get them.” I say jumping in and hitting Scarecrow.

The Society notices and they all take action. The rest of the team enters and each takes on an individual member. I got Scarecrow, (F/N) got Grodd, Mick got Golden Glider, Atom got Ivy, Firestorm got Deadshot, Amaya got Cheetah and Nate got Catwoman. We all fought meticulously against each opponent. After some fighting with Scarecrow he had something in his hand I didn’t notice until he knocked me back. He then launched it at my feet. Thinking it was a grenade I attempted to duck for cover. It wasn’t a grenade, it was a fear toxin sample. I tried not to breathe it in but Scarecrow dealt blow after blow that I officially succumbed to the gas. And I seemed to drift asleep. L