[eighteen] liar

c h a p t e r   n i n e t e e nliar

c h a p t e r n i n e t e e n
liar

Harper left the classroom in tears, her mascara creating dark circles around her eyes as she kept her head down, praying nobody would notice that she was crying. Most of her fingertips were stained with the black makeup, her hands shaking as she sniffled loudly.

"Harper?" A familiar voice came from next to the lockers. "Harper, are you crying?"

Harper ignored the strawberry blonde, dashing forwards and into the girls bathroom. When she noticed nobody was inside she began to sob loudly, not being able to hold it in anymore. She slid down the wall and cried her heart out, her chest hurting so much from all of the emotions that she was feeling.

She was so overwhelmed.

Between the bite, Stiles liking her back, the way she felt in chemistry, her massive headache, Lydia and Allison, her grandma being sick, Derek being dead, the Alpha on the loose, Scott kissing her, and what he had told her, she felt sick.

She wanted to cry, but at the same time she didn't.

The door to the bathroom opened and Harper's head snapped up to see a concerned Lydia Martin stood there. Her face fell further when she saw the state that the brunette was in, instantly forgetting how she was annoyed at her.

"Go away, please." Harper mumbled, more tears falling as she hiccupped.

Lydia raised her eyebrows before locking the door to the bathroom. "If you think I'm leaving you in this state then you are so wrong, Harper Verum." She shook her head. "Now tell me what's wrong."

Harper looked up at Lydia and bit her lip, a sniffle escaping her. "I just... I don't know." She lied.

Of course Harper couldn't tell her much, since almost everything seemed to link back to the Alpha. She decided to tell her what she could.

"My grandma's really sick, I'm scared that you and Allison hate me now, and..."

"And?" Lydia quizzed.

Harper's bottom lip quivered. "Scott kissed me."

Lydia's green eyes widened. "You can't go out with Allison's ex. That's like... totally slutty."

Harper glared at her. "He kissed me! And I have a boyfriend, anyway!"

Lydia smirked slightly. "And who is this boyfriend that I, for some reason, do not know about?"

"Stiles."

"You said you two weren't dating."

"It's a recent thing." Harper mumbled, looking down. "But I don't know what to do. Scott, Stiles, and I are best friends and if Stiles finds out he will be torn. What if he hates me? Or Scott?"