Chapter Three ~

Hoseok opened the door to the tailor's and smiled. "I'll come get you once you're finished."

I walked in and saw Taehyung stitching up a new dress. He was always fixing up something new for me, whether I wore it or not. He loved creating new dresses and it seemed like he put his whole heart into his ideas. "Oh, Your Highness!" He quickly stood up and bowed and then gestured to a few dresses hanging up. "If you don't mind, I would like you to try these on."

I nodded. There was a red and gold one with long sleeves. It looked like something that an 80 year old queen would wear. The next was navy blue, strapless, and it faded into black. The last one was emerald green with long sleeves. The ties in the back were always made longer so Taehyung could tie a big bow with it. It was his signature thing, it seemed.

***

Taehyung escorted me back to my room as Hoseok was on an errand. "Oh, I forgot to mention something."

"Yes?" He looked down at me as we walked through the quiet halls. The floors were spotless and the windows were crystal clear. Butler Park was amazing.

"I have to meet with the Prince of Desdemona and I need something to wear," I told him. "Whether it's a new dress or not, I need something that I don't have in my everyday closet."

He bowed. "Yes, of course. When do you need it ready?"

"I'm leaving early Tuesday morning," I answered.

"I'll have something ready by then, don't worry, Your Highness," he smiled, bowing again. "Will you need any other dresses? Are you staying over night?"

I shook my head. "I would never in a million years stay the night over there."

Taehyung nodded and opened my bedroom door. "I'll see you at dinner, Your Highness." He shut the door when I walked in and I heard his footsteps grow fainter and fainter as he walked away.

***

"Who's going to Desdemona with you, Your Majesty?" Hoseok asked before shoveling another forkful of chicken into his mouth.

I shrugged as I chewed my food. Everyone attends dinner – it was one of the few times where all eight of the castle's residents get together. I noticed Chef Kim smiling at the happy murmurs of pleasure when someone tasted his wonderful cooking. His real name was Seokjin, or Jin, but he said he liked the title of Chef.

"It's not overnight, so not everyone needs to go," Professor Kim said.

"I would like everyone to go," I responded. It seemed like him and I always butt heads with each other. "Professor Min, do you still have the letter?"

He nodded and handed me the letter, a red wax seal broken on the front. I opened it up. "He says nothing about a limit of people. There's no telling what that sorry excuse for a Prince will try to do, so I might as well have you all there."

"We're all going?" Butler Park asked, chewed bits of food spewing from his mouth. He blushed and quickly covered his mouth. "Sorry, Your Majesty, for my lack of manners."

I dismissed it, letting the disorder run by without any reprimanding. "Yes, we're all going."

"But-" Professor Kim started but quickly stopped when I raised my hand.

"Have you forgotten who the queen is here? Have you forgotten who gave you food and a home?" He shrunk under my gaze. "I advise you to not bite the hand that feeds you, Kim Namjoon, or you might end up like every other peasant who disobeyed Queen Evangeline."

"Y-Y-Yes, Your Highness," he muttered, bowing. "I'm sorry."

The guard smirked, seeing his older friend getting scolded. "Your Highness, we would be glad to accompany you."

Taehyung nodded. "Oh, yes, most definitely. I've already got started on the best dress for this occasion! Well, the sketches at least."

"You say that before every dress you make," Butler Park said.

"I don't need something extravagant, just something that proves I'm queen," I stated.

"Who wouldn't see you as a queen?" Professor Min asked.

"You would be surprised," I mumbled and picked at the rest of the food left on my plate.

"You have that ring, though," Taehyung said, gesturing to the bulky ring on my right hand. The black metal was cold and the dark violet stone in the middle was dull and plain.

"This ring doesn't mean anything," I snipped. "It's just a hunk of metal that stands as some sort of statement that I'm a queen. Anyone can make one."

"But it's unique," Butler Park argued.

"Unique or not, it's just a ring," I said, my voice stern. I sighed and put my napkin on the table. "I will excuse myself to my room."

"Would you like me to come with you?" Hoseok asked.

I shook my head. "I need some alone time."

---