Ninth Lie: Update Notice

I am really really sorry for not updating this work for nearly a year. It's just that I love this period so much that I'm really scared that I will make people hate it. I started off hoping to write something that was truly reflective of the Sui dynasty, a period in Chinese history that has been more than just slandered. But as I kept on writing, I realized that I simply didn't have enough background in the subject...

And so I began to furiously research history and to create detailed timelines and outlines of the people's true characters (based on historical texts). I didn't want to write a story that has no historical accuracy. But through my research, I realized that I was doing exactly that. My original plot was going to further defame the Sui rather than explain my love for it. 

So I stopped, afraid that I will become another author who manipulates history for a bigger audience and for more dramatic affects. 

While I am figuring out this mess that I had started nearly one and a half year ago, I will be writing another story, named Ninth Lie. Though classified as fantasy, this story will once again have a Chinese history background, with the main character my personal rendition of the infamous Daji (credited for destroying the Shang dynasty). Though the story will be loosely based on her, the plot line and setting will be self-constructed (I really really am scared of doing more research T^T)...  

So please, if you had once read Crocodile Tears, please support my new story, Ninth Lie, as well. I promise (coughs)...that I will actually update despite Science Olympiad and school slowly killing me. Updates for now will be on every friday. And the first three chapters will be updated daily for today, Saturday, and Sunday. 

I can't say how much I appreciate every single one of you who has read, voted, commented, or added Crocodile Tears to your reading list. I know I'm not the most eloquent writer nor the most original. But I know I have the best readers for supporting my story. Once again, thank you all. 

(Even if no one reads this chapter T^T still thank you)