72

The sky was now dark with the light of the moon and stars

The sky was now dark with the light of the moon and stars. I stare out the kitchen window, taking in the scenery of the very nice neighborhood. We were on more of the 'better' side of town. This was where Leslie lived around.

Josie was in my arms, drinking from her bottle. I'm surprised her cries hadn't woken up Harry. My phone rings and I struggle to get it with Josie wiggling around.

"Hello,"

"Where are you?"

"I, uh- I got called in to work." I lie.

"You should've told me before I drove all the way to your school. That's why you haven't been answering your texts?"

I continue to talk to him the Josie starts crying loudly. He questions the crying and of course it was easy to make up a lie. He lets me know dad would call soon then finally hangs up.

"Aren't you worried he'll go down to Ravalon himself?" a voice appears behind me and I quickly turn to see Harry leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed. "Will he?"

"Trust me, he won't." I shake my head, setting the bottle down on the counter. "Alec hates Austin." I laugh out and Harry frowns. "They have this ongoing hatred for each other because Alec used to work at Ravalon and he's just jealous that Austin is now the manager of the biggest restaurant in town."

Harry nods, watching me burp Josie. "I can take her now."

"It's fine," I say, continuing to burp her. "I was about to put her to bed. There's some pizza there for you." I gesture the boxes on the counter.

I leave him in the kitchen and took Josie to bed. She shuts her eyes when I give her the pacifier. I make my way down and Harry was standing by the pizza, eating away.

"Seriously Rylee," he says once I enter the room. "Thank you because I really needed this."

I smile, feeling awkward at the moment. "I should go."

"Wait what?" he drops his pizza. "You- how are you– you drove here with my car."

"I talked to Kourtney earlier and she said she could pick me up at anytime." I tell him and his eyes move upstairs, looking panicked. "Harry, you'll do fine."

"N-no, I bet once you walk out that door, she'll cry." he spoke nervously. "It's like she has a sensor whenever I'm alone."

"I can't stay here all night." I giggle, caressing his cheek. "To take care of my teacher's baby, who is also my ex."

"Just stay for a little bit— until we know she's actually asleep." he begs. "I mean, we still need to talk."

I let out a sharp breath looking down. "Harry,"

"You regret it." he says and my head shoots up. He plops down at the dining table. "I saw how you looked when you walked out."

"I'm sorry," I apologize, sitting next to him. "I just don't want a repeat of this and we're just going in circles."