23 ↝ talking & feelings

Mackenzie Ziegler
27 June 2017

•••

After a whole morning of cleaning, you could say we're all pretty tired. The lounge and kitchen was filthy; and we all said how we were glad we were that none of us got completely drunk. Which was true, but I gave Lauren a look when Darian said it. I most certainly did not get drunk, but she most certainly did.

As we cleaned, Johnny would give me these lingering looks that made me blush and feel my heart beat in my chest. Occasionally I'd get a smile– most of the time this rendered me speechless and unable to think of what I'd previously been doing. I don't think he regrets anything, which blows my mind really, and I hope that I get to talk to him soon.

Now, as I've escaped to my room, I'm busying myself packing. After all, we only spend four weeks here so it will be time to leave soon.

The light of the morning sun peeks through my curtains and I sigh as it rests on my face, calming me into feeling normal. I turn my head to look in the mirror, and almost gasp.

Standing up, I walk closer to the mirror and inspect my neck. Lauren was right; the hickeys are noticeable, and even worse, I can't seem to remember getting them. Johnny seems to take me off to a world where nothing else exists, and consumed in a cocoon of bliss I must never have even realized what he was doing to me.

Someone clears their throat by the door, and I look over.

Of course it's him.

Johnny, in all his glory, is standing by the door with his signature smirk written all over his face.

"Examining the damage are we?" He smiles, moving to sit on my bed. I lean back onto my bearu, acting calm, while my heart thumps in my chest.

"Sort of." I reply, blushing.

"How are you?" He asks after a while of silence, attempting to be casual.

"I'm good actually. Like, really good."

Taking a small risk, I move to sit on the bed beside him. Simultaneously, we both lean back against the wall and put our feet up. He laughs.

"Would that have anything to with a certain something that happened last night?"

"Possibly." I smile, turning to watch him. As I look at him, the only thing I can concentrate on is keeping my cool, but when he turns to me with a look of happiness on his face that's almost impossible.

"Would you like to talk about that certain someone– I mean something?" He jokes, and I smile.

"Yes, I would." I say, thinking of the kisses he gave me and feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Oh god, don't start. I've been freaking blushing all morning." He groans, voice husky, and I laugh.

"You think you have? Imagine my side of things." I say, raising my eyebrows and running my fingertips over the skin at the nape of my neck.

He says, and takes in a breath. "Yeah... sorry about that."

"It's okay. I wouldn't change a single thing about what happened last night." I say softly.

"Neither." He admits quietly with a big smile.

After a while it becomes silent. I revel in this, but after a while I feel like screaming.

"Back to what we were talking about..." I say at the same time as he says, "Should we talk about what happened?"

I laugh at how weird we're being, and lean my head on his shoulder.

"After that Mackenzie, it would be pretty hard to stay just friends." He begins, and I play with the threads on my blanket.

"Agreed." I blush, now looking across at him while his eyes glitter in thought.

"So then, Mackenzie, would you be willing to give us a shot at something more?" He asks concisely, and my heart drops into my stomach. "Of course– we don't have to date but–" He starts, babbling, but I interrupt.

"J, that's all I've ever wanted." I smile, and he breathes in, hoping.

"So that's a yes then?" He asks.

"Yes Johnny I–" I start, giggling, but I'm interrupted when he carefully touches his lips to mine for the third time.

Not that I'm counting.

•••

[769 words]

GUYS I SWEAR THIS IS MY FAVOURITEST CHAPTER I HAVE EVER WRITTEN IN THE HISTORY OF–WELL ME I GUESS SO YEAH I HOPE U LIKED THIS BECAUSE I SURE DO AND ALSO IDK WHY I'M WRITING THIS IN CAPS BUT IT MAKES EVERYTHING SO MUCH MORE EXCITING AYE! lol plz vote

*edited