Chapter 10

Hermione's P.O.V (the next morning)

I slowly came around in the morning. My mind flooded with memories from last night. I quickly realized Draco was beside me with his arms around my waist.

I squirmed out of his arms and rushed to the bathroom. I knew I was panicking. I shut the door as softly as I could.

I stood in front of the mirror and gripped the sharp edges of the sink. I couldn't breathe right.

I can't believe Draco did that to me.

I hadn't realized how loud my gasps for air were until I felt a hand run up my back. I tensed.

"I'm sorry, Hermione," Draco murmured.

"Why did you do it then?" I managed to choke between gasps.

"I want you to get better," he stated.

"You're making it worse," I snapped, still trying to breathe right.

"Why did you panic last night?"

"You wouldn't understand," I replied, able to breathe a bit more now.

"Make me understand, Hermione. Why did you panic?"

I turned around and looked at him. His hair was messed up, his eyes tired. He looked stressed.

"I can't talk about it," I whispered.

"Then let me see," he said suddenly.

"What?"

He grabbed my arm and led me to the bed.

"I'm a Legilimens. If you will let me, I'd like to see your memories. You won't have to tell me, but you will relive it for a few moments," he explained, sitting beside me.

"I - I don't think - I don't know if - "

"Please, it will be really fast," he pleaded. "I promise."

I was terrified. I didn't want him to, but I needed him to know, to understand.

"I - I'll panic... it will be really bad," I whispered.

"I'll understand, and I'll help you," he said firmly.

I decided I didn't really have any other options.

"Make it fast?" I whispered.

"I can make it less than a minute."

I nodded, grabbed his hand, and closed my eyes.

"Legilimens."

Draco's P.O.V

I was instantly sickened by what I saw in her memories. Every time she was forced to drink the sleeping drought, she woke in a green room, completely bare next to Ronald. Sometimes she woke on the middle of his evil acts.

When I pulled out of the memory, Hermione was trying as hard as she could to keep the panic at bay.

I pulled her on my lap and hugged her.

"Shh, it's okay now. I'm here," I muttered softly.

The panic attack was one of her worst ever. She would get her breath back for a few seconds, then lose it all over again. It was close to an hour later when she was able to breathe. She pulled back slowly, but didn't look at my eyes.

"I - I - "

A hiccup cut her off. Tears were already pouring down her cheeks.

"I'm s - sorry," she whimpered.