dead beat| monica gallagher

ever since your brother carl has been out of juvie, he's been acting like he's some kind of thug

ever since your brother carl has been out of juvie, he's been acting like he's some kind of thug. you see debbie after school and walk up to her. "hey." you smile. "hey ready to go?" she asks. you nod. "wait in the car. I'm gonna get carl." you nod once more.

"aye, yo white girl I don't know you." you hear carl say to debbie. you laugh and continue walking to the car. "sup yn." lip gives you a high five and ian grips your shoulder. "sup." you say in reply.

"aye ynn." carl gives you a hug as he enters the car with debbie. he's been talking to you more now that he's out of juvie and due to the fact that your black like liam. you laugh into the hug and debbie rolls her eyes. you hear yelling coming from inside the house. you don't think anything of it. typical day in the gallagher house hold.

"and you know what? they did it all, no thanks to you!" you hear fiona yell as you open the door. monica. your mother. is here after all these years. back. she must want something. "oh my babies." monica coo's as she gives you all a hug. debbie is the only one to give her an actual hug.

monica hugs you and liam at once. "my brown babies." she says. you just look at her. she really must have some nerve after all these years. "what are you doing here." you finally manage to say. "I came back." she mumbles. "for you and liam." you scoff.

"they are not going anywhere with you." fiona tells her. "your not fit to be a mother. you can barely take care of yourself." fiona's words are like venom. you think she's like that because monica hurt her most.

"it's their choice." monica looks at you with puppy dog eyes. "why would I want to go anywhere with you. after all these years. your not my mother. your a dead beat. fiona is more of a mother than you will ever be!" your eyes become glossy. "so why don't you take your little trucker friend or whoever the hell she is and get the fuck out!" you yell.

"baby." monica pleads. "she needs to learn some respect." her trucker friend steps forward her finger pointed at you. "bring it bitch." you cross your arms. "oh that's it I'm coming for your ass." she attempts to come at you but, is held back by monica.

"I know I haven't always been the best mother. bu-" "you've never been a good mother but, continue." you gesture toward her. "but I'm here trying to fix that." she pleads. "you don't just get to come in here and get your pick of the litter. I think you need to go." fiona steps in.

monica try's to reach for you but you stop her dead in her tracks and point to the door. "just leave." you let a tear fall. her head falls as she nods and leaves with trucker girl at her side. "we'll be back." the trucker says.

you all give her the finger as she leaves.