|Six|

It had only been a few agonising weeks of cooping myslef up in Vivians tiny bugalow before I was disturbed by a load banging on the flimsy front door. Vivian off at work for a few hours yet as it is only noon; so I gingerly open the door to reveal a man standing on the porch with a grey tshirt and very tight jeans- Owen Grady. 

"Hi," I nervously squeak as I tuck a stray bit of my brown hair behind my ear. I can feel his eyes taking in my very thin frame which is barely hidden under my blue shirt and balck jean shorts. 

"Wanna go for a walk?" He beams at me, his devilish smile setting loose what feels like a thousand butterflies in my stomach. I nervously bite my bottom lip before nodding my head and inviting him in as I grab my converse. His huge form seems to dominate the tiny bungalow thats decorated with boring landscape paintings and pictures of Vivian and her friends from back in the real world. 

"Nice place," He comments as he waits for me to tie my laces, hoping he doesn't notice the shaking of my hands as I quickly finish, grabing my keys and both of us leaving the comfot of the bungalow and wander down one of the many tracks aimlessly.

We'd been walking for about half an hour, small talk being made between the two of us, as he directed me through the plains until we reach what seems to be a small pond surrounded by the open beuaty of the tall trees and green bushes that allow the Brachiosaurus that stand proudly above us with their huge frames to wander freely, even if they haven't fully grown and matured yet these babies are still huge. 

"My lady," he cheekily says with a bow at the waist whilt motioning for me with the wave of his hand to take a seat in the long grass. I do so with a smile. Owens blue eyes seeming to light up slightly at the sight of the little show of happines that he has bubbling in me. I hadn't noticed the back pack until he shrugged it effortlessly from his broad shoulders and places it on the soft ground between our two sitting forms. After rummaging around he pulls out a loaf of bread and hands it to me, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion as I hesitantly take the bread from him, our hands slightly brushing causing a small blush to creep onto my cheeks as he burrows back into his bag to bring out two cans of pop. 

"Okay?" I say queitly, trying to pluck up the courage to not sound like a frightened mouse as his full attention is suddenly pinned on me, his rugged facial trimming adding to his natural beauty. I swallow hard, his eyes watching the movement like a hawk, "Why have you dragged me out into the wilderness and given me a loaf of bread?" I nealy stumble over my words but my breath  catches at his throaty laugh as he swaps the loaf of bread from my small hands for the warm pop. I greedily take a swirl of the fizzy liquid to break the intense eyes contact. 

"You'll just have to wait and see Princess," He winks at me before taking a large gulp of his drink. I look away, another blush tinting my cheks at the pet name. He lightly chuckles at me, "You're cute when you blush. I'm going to make it my job to see you blush every day till I'm old and grey," He smiles cheekily, his eyebrows raising at his own cockness as I raise my own.

"Like to see you try...pretty boy." I queitly say before looking down embarrassed at the short bolt of boldness in me. I've never really flirted with anyone before. Owen seems to choke on his drink as he stares at me.

"Pretty?" He smiles, "Why not; ruggigly hansome, charming, or here's a goo one," He leans back into the long grass and rests his weigh on his elbows as he raises an eyebrow at me and speaks in the most seductive voice he can manage, "sexy."

"Pinchazo" I smirk, watching him frown in confusion at my Spanish. I'm good at my job because I'm fluent in many languages- it'll be handy once the tourists start flooding through the gates. 

"I'm just going to presume that means I'm good looking," he huffs as he tucks his hands behind his long, bronze, hair and lays down, closing his eyes in the scorching afternoon heat. I chuckle lightly, the first in a while and it almost surprises me as I lean back on my hands and let my hair tickle my face in the warm breeze. 

It's not long before the herd Brachiosaurus become intrigued by our presence and begin waning over with their huge strides. Even as they draw closer and surround us, I don't feel nervous. I glance quickly at Owen who looks as if he's fallen asleep in the grass, "They don't bite," He grumbles with his eyes still closed, my eyes darting away from his toned body to watch the large creatures that are less than a stones throw away and towering above us, "Unlike me," he smirks as he pushes himself into a sitting position and grabs the loaf of bred from between us. He holds out a calloused hand  to me, ignoring the fact that we're surrounded by a herd of giant dinosaurs, "may I?"

 I tentatively ive him my hand. 

My pale skin looking deathly compared to his orange tint from working long days in the tropical sun as he takes my hand and places the bread in it before holding it up for one of the ladies above us to take. One of them happily does as she leans down with her huge head and snaffles the bread almost immediately from my fingertips. An amazed gasp slipping past my lips and a rare smile finding its way onto my face as she munches happily at the strange flavours. 

"Now, don't you go telling nasty Claire about this." Owen cheekily tuts at the giant dinosaur as she nudges my hand with her soft snout for another slice, he happily places it in my hand that he still holds- which was initially to stop me pulling away from her and making any sudden movements- but now he's holding just because he can 

We spend a while feeding the giants around us until the bread is gone and the ladies have grown bored of Owens prattling on about anything and everything. We even stay for another can of pop. 

A small smile now set on my face- not a forced or practiced smile just to please him- a genuine smile that has Owen glancing at me out of the corner of his eye every two seconds. 

"Prick," I sheepishly say, catching his full attention as he blinks in surprise at me, "I called you a prick."