Chapter 24 Pt. 1

It was unbearable, the way he felt for you. However, like all good moments, one must come to an end.

As a result of that, Mr. Gabriel Agreste slyly walked into view, immediately plastering a frown on his slender face. "Who are you? And what are you doing beside my son?"

"Father, this is Y/N." Adrien rose from his seat, reasoning with his father.

"What are you even here for? Money?" Gabriel ignored the crap out of Adrien. You violently shook your head, putting your hand up in defense.

"Adrien, what did I say about bringing people over? Do I need to ground you?"

"N-No! I came here on my own! H-He.. um.. didn't invite me! Grounding is unnecessary, sir." You grabbed your bag, pulling it over your arm. "I-I'll be on my way now." You quickly waved and ran out the house. All Adrien could do was sit there, being lectured by his controlling father.

"Ohmygod. I've never been so flustered." You frowned and walked to your school, being greeted by Marinette and Alya. There was a loud roaring in the air and you just knew that another akuma was possessing yet another victim. You rolled your eyes, ignoring the school hours. Instead, you just walked, no, ran home. 

---

Still, the akuma was at the brisk of being defeated, just until you heard your name being called. You curiously ran outside your house, to see your father being held in a tight grip by an akumatized victim. Your eyes widened, tears at the brim of your eyes. Through the blur, you made out a red and black figure running towards your father. A large sword was pointed towards your father's trembling body. "Y/N! GET OUT OF HERE! DON'T YOU DARE COME CLOSE." Your father warned.

"For once, dad, shut up. I will never let you go." You cried out. You walked to him, the victim looking at you. You looked the victim straight in the eye. It was Lila, however, not quite. She was called Volpina. You just knew it was an illusion. "Cut it out, cut it out, cut it out."

"I think it's time I go back to America. This place is just repelling me. So one last time. Cut. It. Out." You lifted your hand, swiftly swiping it down, your father turning to orange dust. This was the time for Ladybug and Cat Noir to deal with Volpina. All you did was stay grounded. When the Akuma was filtered and defeated, you were still there. Tears were streaming down your face, to the point it made a reflection. You took a fist, punching the concrete floor. Your knuckles were bruised, however, you could care less. You punched and punched and punched, with both hands this time 'round. Blood. Tiny speckles of blood were growing into larger ones. You peered at the tear puddle. I'M A MONSTER. WHAT AM I DOING?  You thought, fisting the pavement roads even harder. Just when you were going to hit the ground with all the power you felt a hand grab yours. 

----TO BE CONTINUED----