Chapter 18

Hermione's P.O.V

I woke with my head pounding and my chest aching. I felt like I couldn't move. I opened my eyes and winced at the bright lights. I looked around the unfamilular room.

I hand gently grabbed my arm, so I screamed.

"Hermione! Calm down!" Theo rushed. "It's only me."

I slowly calmed down. I tensed as memories of a few hours ago filled my mind. I tried to distract myself.

"How long was I out?"

"A few hours. I've got to leave for work in a few," Theo replied quietly.

"I'm gonna be alone here?"

I was anxious. I had no idea where I was.

"No, Blaise is coming over in ten minutes," he told me.

I tried to get up, but my chest pain exploded. I couldn't help the squeak of pain that escaped my lips.

"Hermione?"

"I - I'm fine," I squeaked.

Unexpectedly, he stunned me. He used the same spell Draco used a while back, so he could feel my pain.

His expression was instantly pained. He held his chest and cleared his throat. The second the spell finished, he relaxed.

"Granger, when did it start hurting like that?" He asked me.

I tried to remember, I really did. I was just so stressed out. Yesterday was so hard on me, I could barely remember anything.

"I - I don't know," I stuttered.

He started muttering another spell. He gave me a disapproving look.

"When did you get hit with a cruciatus?" He questioned.

"Yesterday."

"You were supposed to res - "

"I know! I was just really stressed out, so I left the room, and Draco carried me, and Bellatrix caught him..." I rushed to explain.

An owl suddenly flew to the window. Theo used a quick soothing spell before he grabbed the owl and read the letter.

"I need to leave now. Blaise will be here soon. There's food in the cupboard. Don't leave this room," he told me.

I nodded quickly, so he apparated.

I slowly stood up and walked to the food cupboard. I found something that I needed right now. I pulled out a few bottles of firewhisky and sat in the corner.

Blaise's POV

I was late by ten minutes. I rushed around to grab what I needed before I apparated to Theo’s room.

I expected to see Hermione still asleep. What I saw instead, completely surprised me.

Hermione was sitting in the corner, completely wasted. She was on her second bottle of firewhisky. She started laughing when I apparated in.

"Blaise," she grinned, her words slurring, "that was awsome!"

"Hey, Granger," I greeted, kneeling in front of her. "What you got there?"

"It's Theo’s firewhisky; don't tell him I took it," she whispered laughing at the end.

I pulled her up by her arms, so she stumbled and laughed. I led her to the bed and made her sit.

"Blaise, don't tell Draco. He wouldn't like this," she mumbled seriously.

"I think he would," I disagreed.