Chapter 20

Hermione's P.O.V

I shifted on the bed, trying to get comfortable. I completely froze when I heard a swear and felt my body being moved.

I quickly sat up and opened my eyes, dread setting in. Draco was propped on his elbows, wincing slightly.

It clicked.

I hurt him.

"Oh my... Draco I'm so sorry!" I gasped.

"It's okay-"

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you! I - I completely forgot you were beside me! I didn't - I couldn't - I can't..."

I knew I was panicking. I needed to calm down before Draco tried to help me. I needed to stop before I could hurt him more.

I took a few deep breaths to calm down. My heart was racing. My hands were shaking, but I was able to keep my breathing even.

I felt Draco's hand grip mine.

"It's okay, Hermione. You only grazed the side a bit. Nothing to worry about," he quietly said.

I nodded and started to relax a little. He tugged me back to his side.

The door suddenly opened, startling me. I relaxed when Theo popped his head in.

"Morning guys," he grinned, stepping in and shutting the door.

"Morning," I yawned.

"You guys slept for ages," Theo stated, plopping down in a chair. "If I'd known you'd both sleep so much better together, I would have brought Hermione here first thing."

I blushed a bit.

"Theo, you got my pain meds yet?" Draco asked, sitting up.

Theo tossed Draco a potion, but Draco didn't catch it. I did. Draco grinned at me when I handed him the potion.

"You guys hungry yet?" He asked us.

"Yes," I nodded.

"No," Hermione stated.

"Get her something to eat anyway - "

"No, I've been sick enough - "

"So you should eat to get better - "

"Or sicker," she added.

Theo left, shaking his head at our arguments.

I turned towards Hermione and gently rested my hand on her stomach.

"You need to start eating," I whispered.

"You shouldn't be worrying at me right now," she stated. "You're hurt, worry about you."

"I could say the same for you."

"No, you couldn't - "

Before she could finish, Theo walked in with two trays of food. Hermione made a face when he put one in her lap.

"Eat some of it," I told her.

She stuck her tongue out at me.

"Mature."

There was a knock at the door. Theo answered it.

"Oh, Draco! I was worried sick," Mother stated, rushing in.

"I'm fine, Mother," I assured her. "I'm healing great already."

"Alright, well, I'm taking you home," she stated.

"Do you already have all the paperwork filled out?" Theo asked her.

"It's all taken care of."

"Alright then, I'll get Draco to your house. Go ahead and take Hermione."

Theo made me get in a wheelchair and handed me a bag that had all my stuff in it. I hung it on the handle as Theo got me into the fireplace.

"Malfoy Manor!"