「037」

0 3 7

DOPE

══════↯══════

"Ya! Wake up! Are you not waking up? Jeon Jungkook, don't make me yell at you... You lazy bum, wake up!"

I lift my head- half awake- due to the noise, only to have the bright light filtering through the window blinding me. 

"You're gonna be late Jungkook- again..." reminded Yoonbyul as I tried to cover myself in my blanket once more. 

"Just one more minute Yoonbyul, I promise I'll get up," I said with a long yawn.

"Nope, you're not going to waste any more time with me around," said Yoonbyul as she smacked the back of my head, "You're late for your schedule."

I quickly got up and got ready. I nearly forgot that there are no more classes for the next two weeks because it's break season. I have to practice with my hyungs for the new dances and I also have to work on new music too, why is being an idol so difficult? No sense of freedom whatsoever, but I'm the only one to blame because this is my dream, my passion. Don't take me wrong when I say this, I love being an idol, it's just that it's tiresome, I stay up all night to work every day, however I know it'll be all worth it in the end. I shouldn't complain until I've truly experienced hard work.

"Yoonbyul, I'm gonna go now!" I shouted as I slipped my shoes on.

"Okay! Stop by at the cafe that I work at when you're done. Bring the members too!" replied Yoonbyul.

I close the dorm door and quickly check my phone, 'You have one unread message.' It must be the members.

[Jimin: We're waiting for you in the van out at the front of the school. Hurry quick!]

I run towards the front of the school and got in the van.

"Tsk tsk, Jeon Jungkook, how many times do we have to tolerate your tardiness?" said Seokjin while shaking his head. 

"Sorry hyung, I got a little sleepy... and I also forgot about the schedule," I reply while rubbing the back of my head, "Sorry hehe."

"If we didn't message Yoonbyul, I don't think you would've ever woken up," mentioned Namjoon with a slight laugh.

"Namjoon hyung's right, without Yoonbyul, we would've just left you," added Jimin as he curled up a bit against the side of the van just like the way Yoongi did.

After hearing this from my members, I guess I should thank Yoonbyul for always waking up early to wake me up at situations like this.

"Oh, I almost forgot, Yoonbyul told us all to go the cafe that she works at after our schedule is over."

"Oooh, I've been craving the caramel macchiato she makes," smiled Taehyung with twinkling eyes, "Let's go!"

"Yeah, I'll need some coffee later," replied Yoongi.

"Okay, we will all go together then," I say with a smile as the van began to move to our destination.

Y O O N B Y U L

Today is the beginning of another short break from school and I have to go to work- oh the irony. I laugh to myself, what is a break if I have work to do? I head to the cafe that I work at with casual clothes and a mask to hide myself as I leave the school because I still want to keep my current occupation a secret from the students at this school. 

I arrive at the cafe, it's been a while since I've been here because of the recent exams, but my manager was very considerate and gave me a long break to study.

"Ah, Yoonbyul, how did the exams go?" asked my manager, Moon Jinkyung.

"It wasn't too bad, I don't think I did my best though Jinkyung unni," I reply with a laugh.

"That's alright, at least it's all over," winked Jinkyung as she patted my back, "Don't dwell on the past and focus on the future."

"Haha, thanks unni," I smile as I go get ready for my shift.

━━━━━━━━━

"One iced americano!" I shout as I place the finished drink on top of the counter and continued to make the remaining drinks before the cafe closes. 

There sure are a lot of people today. Most of the customers are at the age where they like to go have fun, that's why they go to cafe to grab some coffee to keep them up for the rest of the night. I stay up all night to work, every day, while you're playing in the club. I've been working at this cafe for a while now and it's obvious to me who's getting ready for a long night of fun and who's getting ready for a long night of work and studying- I can tell by the drink that they order. 

I know that I am suppose to go out and have fun with friends at my age, like hanging out or something, but I've never done that. Even if my youth rots away, even if it's all gone, even if my running success goes, I'll be fine just working. 

I've always told everyone I never had any friends because of my condition, but I actually had one friend. He was my neighbour at the time, his name was Kwon Jiho. Jiho was a very nice guy who had befriended me because he had health issues growing up too. I haven't seen him in more than a decade, I wonder if he still remembers me. I let out a little laugh, I don't wanna say yes he does remember me, but it's been too long for Jiho to remember. If I do recall, he was a good looking kid, I never understood why he would be bullied the same way I was, but of course it was because we were both very sick children. 

I'm originally too much, so just bringing up all this past stuff is making me have a sentimental attachment to it. I just want to live a happy life, if it's denial, just deny, forget all those kinds of things that get my way. The press and adults all say we have no will, we have no dreams, no future, but who the fuck are they to tell the youth what to do? I'm kinda fucking awesome, I don't need other people's bullshit to influence my life. 

"Yoonbyul! Last order for the night!" shouted my co-worker Eunhye.

"Okay I got it!" I replied. I almost got lost in my thoughts again. 

After three minutes, I finished the last order. I guess Jungkook and the boys have a long schedule today and couldn't make it. No need to be sad, what was I expecting? The seven of them are busy with their idol life, they have schedules to follow. It's a tough life for them too. 

"Hey Yoonbyul, let's get the shop ready to close," said Eunhye as she started cleaning up the coffee station.

I nod in reply and headed to the door to flip the open sign to a close. Just as I flipped it, the door opened.

"I'm sorry, we're just about to clo-"

I look up to see a familiar face.

"Are you sure you can't stay open a little longer?" he asked with a smile.