Chapter Fourteen - French Otakus; A First...

"Tamaki-kun," a girl exclaims. "Tamaki-kun, why is it that you are so beautiful?"

I silently groan as I set my tray down. Why are the girls here so annoying?

I could say the same about you.

Shut up, Sebastian.

"Because I want to catch your eye, if only for a second longer," Druitt 2.0 replies, holding up his pipe. It reminds me momentarily of Lau. The stupid Chinese trader. 

"Why is it that your voice is so mellow?" A black haired girl leans forward.

"So that your feelings may reach my heart."

I hate this. This is stupid. I tug on my outfit that Kyoya forced me into. Tamaki got me a matching eye patch, too. This cosplay thing is too much. 

"Charlotte-chan. Why are you sitting?" Kyoya walks over. 

"This is so stupid," I groan, leaning back. "I have to do this, as well as help Stupid Ciel and Michaelis with things. I don't even know why they are still here. Undertaker is gone."

"Who?" Kyoya glances down at me.

"Nobody. Go away, Kyoya-senpai," I wave him away. 

"Haruhi-kun!" I hear some girls squeal nearby. "You look so cute in a kimono."

"You look almost like a girl."

"Yeah!"

Kyoya walks over. "Haruhi, you've been requested."

My sister looks over at the boy, who has settled and writing in  a scroll instead of a notebook. "Your clients have pretty well stabilized, haven't they? Keep it up. We're not planning to charge interest on the original debt you incurred, so just keep working hard and pay it off." Roses surround Kyoya. "The rental fee for the kimono is nothing to sneeze at, after all."

Haruhi stares at Kyoya, until a couple girls interrupt them, fawning over the Shadow King. I go over and sit next to Haruhi. 

"If you need, I can secure some finances from  my brother's bank. He does run a huge company, and I have some connections," I tell her as she does some math in her head.

"Well, you could help out with the groceries this afternoon," Haruhi suggests.

I glance over at Kyoya again, and find the twins torturing him. I chuckle lightly, and go find a corner to disappear in. But something catches my eye.  A whisk of black outside the window.

What are you up to?

"Char-chan. Char-chan," Mitsukuni walks up to me, bare foot. "I lost one of my sandals."

The poor boy starts crying in front of everyone. 

"Weren't you just wearing them?" I ask, glancing around. Haruhi walks up behind me. 

"Mitsukuni," Takashi walks up to the teen and slides the missing sandal onto his cousin's foot. 

"Takashi," Mitsukuni murmers.

"It was lying over there," Takashi explains.

"Takashi!" The teen exclaims happily and hugs Takashi.

"Fantastic!" A girl exclaims.

"It is fantastic!" Another agrees.

"These tearful scenes seem to be spreading," Haruhi mumbles.

"Tell me about it," I nod, sighing. "How can everyone get so weepy all of a sudden? I can't even do that."

Haruhi walks forward, her eyes facing the other way, and bumps into Hikaru. A small bottle of eye drops falls out of his sleeve, and I kneel to pick it up.