|the second kiss|

I wiped my tears as the credits started rolling. Oh god, is an action movie supposed to move me to tears? I looked to my side to see Lucy sniffing as well. "It's touching, isn't it?" Lucy whispered in my ear. I nodded. Either that, or we were too emotional.

"He's leaving," I nudged Lucy when I saw Lucy's crush standing up and she immediately sat up straight. "Let's go," she said, determined as she tugged on my wrist.

I stood behind my friend as she caught up to said crush and tapped on his shoulder. "Lucas?" She questioned with a soft voice and I tried to stifle my laughter. Lucy and soft are polar opposites. Lucas turned around and cocked his head to the side.

"Yeah?" he replied, a little uncertain. I frowned. Does he not recognize her? "Oh Lucy!" He smiled, showing his rows of straight teeth. "We're in the same Chemistry class aren't we?" I heaved a silent sigh of relief.

"Are you here alone?" Lucy asked as the three of us walked out of the theatre. "Yep, my friend couldn't make it at the last minute," Lucas shrugged. "Let me introduce, this is my best friend Aria. She attends Aravale High too." Lucy turned to me with a wink and I smiled. "Hi, nice to meet you," I greeted him. "Hey, I'm Lucas. I've seen you around school," he told me. "Really?" I asked, a little surprised. I hadn't noticed him. Lucas nodded, "when you were waiting for Lucy outside our Chemistry classroom." I nodded in understanding, "I see."

An idea suddenly occurred to me and I held back my smile, "Lucas are you free later?" I asked him as Lucy looked at me with raised brows. Lucas nodded, "why?" "I suddenly remembered that I had to babysit my neighbor's child, will you go have supper with Lucy?" I frowned and tried to sound apologetic.

"Sure, I'm a little hungry myself," Lucas agreed. I smiled gratefully at him and from the corner of my eyes, I could see that my best friend was trying her best to contain her excitement. "I'll see you guys tomorrow, gotta run," I waved to the pair and ran in the direction of the exit. Once I was out of sight, I fished my phone from my backpack and texted Lucy: I'm waiting for your juicy details ;P and received a wink as a reply from her.

Smiling to myself, I skipped out of the mall and headed home.

*

For some reason, there was some unexplainable feeling of euphoria deep within me. I was on cloud nine, elated, gleeful and whatever words you could find to describe that familiar, yet seemingly unfamiliar feeling.

I looked around my surroundings and took in a deep breath. The air smells fresh and crisp, with a hint of sweetness from the flowers blooming nearby. The blue skies were dotted with clouds and birds were chirping happily. What a wonderful day, I thought to myself.

Far in the distance, I heard somebody calling me. "A! A!" That voice...only he would call me that.

As I was about to turn around to look at the source of the voice, the booming voice of my mother woke me up. "Aria! You're gonna be late if you continue sleeping!" Oh god.

It was a Monday morning and like every other student out there, I absolutely dreaded school on Mondays. Who wouldn't? After we get to have a break from school over the weekends, here comes Monday.

"Urgh," I groaned, shielding my eyes from the blinding sunlight outside my windows. "Aren't you getting up?" my mom asked in that ever so patient voice of hers. "Mom..." I dragged my words, "I feel ill," I pretended to cough. "I might have caught a flu," I sniffed my nose loudly in an effort to fool her. "Yea, right. Why don't you start attending some acting classes first?" My mom commented and my lips flattened into a thin line.

"Fine, I'm up," I gave up and dragged myself out of bed, resisting the temptation to jump back into it after my mom walked out of my room.

*