Chapter 39: Damsels in Distress I (The Trap)

A/N: Is Jamie one of 'them'?

LORELEI

FREYA JUMPED from my arms and walked toward the locked door of Room 315, the former headquarters of the QED Club. Kinailangan ko pa siya ipuslit sa isang basket para makapasok kami sa campus. Fortunately, during the guard's inspection of my items, she hid silently underneath a pile of clothes.

She stood at the room's doorstep, repeatedly letting out a soft meow before turning to me. I don't understand cat language but I could read in her eyes that she was asking me to open the door.

Sorry, Freya, but we need to find a new home. We have been evicted from the clubroom, thanks to a certain someone who was more powerful than Luthor, according to Loki. The only thing that we can do right now is stare at that door and reminisce the good old days.

Room 315 may just be a room for everyone else in this high school, but to me, it is more than a room. It was my safe haven ever since Loki invited me to the club. Kapag wala kaming pasok sa isang subject, dito ako pumupunta. Kapag may estudyanteng nangangailangan ng tulong, dito ang takbuhan nila. It has been a witness to many of our adventures.

Without a doubt, I will miss Room 315 and the tales that were told within its four walls.

Kung mabigat sa puso ko na mag-let go sa aming clubroom, kumusta naman kay Loki? That room has been his home while listening to boring problems and solving the most intricate cases that baffled a number of students. Doon niya sinimulan ang kanyang career bilang high school detective.

And most importantly, his memories with his late partner Rhea. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for him to let go.

"The QED Club may be dead officially, but its legacy lives on. And it lives within us."

I was suprised to see Loki standing on my right. Sa sobrang pagda-drama ko, hindi ko na napansin ang presensya niya. Nang nilapitan siya ni Freya, kinarga niya ang pusa sa kanyang bisig at marahang hinaplos ang ulo. He did not care if some cat fur would stick on his royal blue coat.