31: Cinema

Alyssa Mells POV

I was amazed at Amys change - and that she was happy. She told me on and on about how she's discovering new things and has found something she wants to persue - Journalism.

She said she was just brushing it as a subject and found it completely captivating and inspiring.

She has also been studying dictionaries and thesaurus. Which is why I'm no longer the only one who uses words like flamboyant.

Amy pulled me down the large shopping centre smiling. She was wearing pink fishnet stockings and a denim skirt, and a emerald green shirt. She even wore a few leather bracelets.

"Amy, when did you decide to do all this change?" I asked, tugging on her hair.

"Well - four or so days ago - I saw this skirt and a couple other things and was like - wow - I like." She smiled, wearing boots that nearly reached her knees. "And then these boots, to die for!" She giggled, that's when I noticed she had dragged me to the cinema. "We're going to watch a movie." She sang excitedly.

Laughing, I let her drag me into the ticket counter, Amy smiling happily as she ordered our tickets.

We came out of the cinema laughing, arms linked. Amy then led me towards a few more shops - the both of us buying random things. It mostly was me giving Amy book suggestions and her taking them to heart and buying them. "Look Liss! A photo booth!" Amy gasped, dragging me to the booth. Smiling, we paid the five dollars and took our photos.

"I love that one." I cooed as we both got our separate strips.

"I love this one." Amy laughed, pointing to one where our faces were pulled into cute snarls. We both took a seat, waiting for our hot drinks as we talked. "So, Alyssa, what is like - your main goal in life?"

"Main goal? Well - I haven't exactly thought about it - I mean... photography is my thing - as you can tell." I laughed as her phone turned on, revealing a photo I took of a pond, using her phone.

"That's amazing - you're so good." Amy laughed, seeing the text. "It's from Axel." She smiled laughing. "He wants me to tell you that he got you a surprise." She giggled shaking her head. "But anyway - we could totally do a little something together! I could write a little thing and you accompany your pictures."

"That sounds great." I smiled happily.

"Thank you." Amy smiled up at the barista who had brought us our drinks. She smiled, placing our drinks down on the shining table. "So, Alyssa - I'm so excited for your birthday tomorrow." Amy clapped her hands.

"I'm just going to say it - you look so different." I shook my head in disbelief.

"Don't change the subject." She snorted, shaking her head. "What do you want to do tomorrow? Oh - I know! We could go to the hall - you know where they have the little forest out the back - we could get some photos." Amy told me smiling.

"That'll be fun." I giggled excitedly.

"Tomorrows going to be the best - life changing even." She told me, smiling at me. I raised my eyebrows, taking in the fact that Amy was wearing less makeup - just blush. Or was that because she was so flustered and excited?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the second one.

I caught Amy this morning sorting and folding anything that was an item if clothing. Whether it was hers or not. Then there was the new fascination of dream catchers and crystals. She bought a few more along with a couple ''around the world" books and she was really excited to read them.

The two of us waited in the parking lot for Axel, who was on his way. Amy smiled, looking around. She was wearing silver aviators and she had a braid in her hair.

"Amy, why are you getting so many, weird things?" I asked finally, the thought of it all was gnawing on me.

"I haven't really been focusing on anything else in my life - so I feel like I really missed out on a lot." She confessed. "And - well, I always thought that these things were cool and actually seeing, reading and using them - well. I'm in love." She smiled happily. "And, I've finally started wearing things I like, not what I think others would like."

"That's good." I grinned, looping an arm over her shoulder. "There's Axel now." I exclaimed, pointing out the blue BMW. Axel jumped out of the car, super excited. I could practically smell his excitment from across the parking lot. Why was he so excited. "What's got you so excited?" I asked laughing as he bounded up the steps in front of us.

"I'm excited because you - little Als - are turning sixteen tomorrow, a big girl." He smirked, taking our bags. Amy refused his offer, instead carrying his bags to the car. "She dyed her hair right? Or was it always like that?" Axel whispered into my hair.

"She dyed it Axe." I shook my head chuckling, he is so funny.

I climbed into the backseat of the car with Amy, noticing that Axel stared at me through the rear veiw mirror. So, I sent him a wink. He was probably making sure I was okay - I mean my parents just got arrested on major abuse charges - and because he was not only my best friends brother, but also hot, I let him care for me.

I always feel kind of bad - for viewing Amys brother in that way. Because labeling him as "hot" always feels - degrading. Axel was an amazing man - an even more amazing brother. And I use such a dimwitted word that brings him no justice. Beautiful. That was Axel. A piece of art work that was put together through time and effort - dedication and loyalty. Axel, he was a gift from the moongoddess herself and his mate would be lucky to have him. A smart and successful, sweet and caring young man. He deserved nothing but the best.

Axel was art itself.

Whenever I found myself drawing - which wasn't often. I would only draw things I found interesting - beautiful. And that led to a lot of Axels features - never his whole face.

Sometimes I'd see and unreadable expression in his eye and draw it. The way his pupils were dialated, his eyebrows scrunched up.

Jolting at my thoughts - I turned and started a conversation with Amy - anything from making my mouth slightly water.