Chapter 29

IM ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!  Shocker right? Lol I hope you all enjoy. And I apologize for any grammar errors, I was rushing to get this done lol
__________________________

"What in God's name is this?" Robert asked as Mary and Matthew pulled up in a new car. "I'll say" he chuckled as Alfred helped Mary out of the car. "Where did this come from?" Asked Cora as we approached them. "I ordered it on the way through London" he said as he got out of the car behind Mary.

"Picked it up on the way back. It's an AC" "Well, at least it's English" Robert teased as Matthew came over and shook his hand. "Welcome back, my darling" Cora said happily to Mary as she hugged her eldest daughter. "Did Anna get back alright?" Mary asked. "She did" Cora answered her. I smiled to Matthew.

"Hello" he smiled back. "Hello, love" he pulled me into a hug. "How was the honeymoon?" I asked into his shoulder. "My eyes have been opened" I pulled away and scrunched up my nose. "Gross" he laughed as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we walked. "Oh, Lilly, don't worry, you'll get married soon, then we can talk all about it" I shoved him, he laughed as he pulled me back to his side as we walked inside.

~~~~

"Who are those for? And why are you doing it down here?" Thomas asked Alfred as he walked into the servants' hall. "It's for Mr. Matthew. It was creased and I brought it down to iron" he explained to him as he fixed the shirt. "You're never looking after him. What about Mr. Molesley?" "He's staying on at Crawley House" Anna answer as she took a sip of her tea.

"Then why wasn't I asked?" "Mr. Carson thought it best" Mrs. O'Brien said smugly. "Did he, indeed? I wonder how that came about" he said to her with a not to happy expression. She looked away from Thomas and down to the table.

"And if you're learning how to do your job, you should never open a shirt in a room like this where it might be marked, let alone put studs in it. Do that in a dressing room and nowhere else" Thomas told him as he moved to stand beside me.

"Thank you" Alfred thanked from across the table. "Yes, thank you, Thomas, for always trying to be so very helpful" said Mrs. O'Brien smugly once again. Thomas glared at her as the gong rung from upstairs. I stood up. I pecked Thomas's cheek as I rushed upstairs.

~~~~

"So how did you enjoy the South of France?" Asked Mrs. Levinson. "It was lovely" Mary gushed. "But almost too hot, even now" "I think it's such a shame they close things up during the summer. I love the sun" she said as she cut up another piece of her steak. "So we can see" commented lady Violet. "Oh, you couldn't go to Cannes in the summer. No one could bear it" "I could" Mrs. Levinson said in a matter of fact tone as she chewed her food.

"Just how long is she here for?" Lady Violet asked her son. "Who knows?" "No guests should be admitted without the date of their departure settle" I looked between lady Violet and Robert. "You won't get any argument from me"

"There is a hideous pile of post, I'm afraid, I've put it on the hall table. Don't look at it tonight" Mrs. Crawley told Matthew. "What have you been up to?" Mary asked her mother-in-law. "As a matter of fact, I've found myself in a new occupation. But in afraid cousin Violet doesn't think it's quite appropriate" "Can we talk about it afterwards?" Lady Violet told Mrs. Crawley in a warning voice.

"Are there still forbidden subjects in 1920? I can't believe this" Chuckled Mrs. Levinson. "I speak of taste, rather thank law" "Oh, it's not my taste" she said as continued to dig into her meal. "What about you, Cora?" She asked her daughter with her mouth full. "I agree with Mama. Some subjects are not suitable for every ear" "Oh, Pas devant les domestique?" Mrs. Levinson chuckled.

"Come on, my dear, Carson and Alfred know more about life than we ever will" she finished her food. "Can't we stop this?" "How? She's like a runaway train" I bit my lip. "Shall we get through?" Cora asked hastily as we all stood up. "What about the poor old Strallan? Have you seen anything of him?" Mary asked Edith as she placed her napkin as she stood up.