Chapter 62

My stomach hit the iceberg of dread and sank into the depths of despair.

It hadn't even occurred to me the Apollo stood a chance against Alan and Alex.

Without even realising it, I had completely underestimated Apollo.

Again.

"Wow, Shorty here packs quite a punch." Alan groaned as he pulled himself up into a sitting position. "Are you still alive over there little brother?"

Alex groaned, sounding more irritated than pained.

What's worse.... with Apollo goons blocking the way out, the twins can't leave.

... even if I tell them about Apollo's plans, they won't be able to go help Nigel or the Ace.

They're trapped down here, with Apollo... Who's fighting style was identical to someone the Twins have never been able to beat, even when they managed to work together.

The undefeated Ace of the Hill.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Alan?" Alex muttered, not bothering to move from where he had fallen. "Being born second makes you the youngest."

"Yea, but I'm pretty sure I was conceived first."

Idiots.

I pressed up against the glass, eyes straining with how hard I was watching the events going on outside.

This situation was just plain bad.

Worst case, Apollo would take the twin's cards, and the rest of us would soon follow.

Then the game would be over.

And they would have to find a new way to entertain themselves.

I was almost trembling at the thought.

... I had met one of them before.

Went they sent someone to pick Jack up after I defeated him.

The insane boy had barely been conscious at the time... Not aware enough to stay completely composed.

He had almost... begged Alan not to let them take him. Just once.

Alan couldn't do anything.

Jack didn't ask to be saved again.

The memory was enough to fill me with terror.

If Apollo though ending the game would help anyone, he would soon find himself horribly mistaken.

They were not the sort of people you let become bored.

"Think of something!" I hissed to myself, fisting my hands against the glass in front of me.

The Apollo ran out of patience.

"As much fun as this has been... " He shifted, kicking outward in a blur of motion...

Only to come an inch short when Alan quickly leant back out of reach.

"This will go a lot easier for me... " Apollo held his foot there, expression cold. "...if you would stop talking."

"Sheesh." Alan sighed, using a finger to gingerly push away the foot in his face. "Kids these days are so pushy. "

Trying to kick someone in the face is beyond pushy Alan...

"Pity though." Alan sighed. "I was hoping we could sort this out peacefully... But the time for diplomacy seems to have come to an end...oh well."