Chapter 24

It's been a week since that night. Grams died the same night cause she over did it. I've been going to Tyler's alot recently, and have kind of slipped again with pot trying to get my mind off the funeral that brought back so many memories. Tyler doesn't remember about what he did at Dukes party and I've managed to hide my now yellowish/greenish bruises on my wrists, from everyone. He still gets mad at me a lot and I don't know why. He- he hit me a couple nights ago. He hit me on the stomach hard so I have a bruise there. He was drunk and I brought up his dad and he got mad at me and yeah... he doesn't remember it at all.

I'm in Elena's room with Stefan. "So Alaric's wife, could have been your Mother?" I said confused. Elena sighed out.

"It can't be true, right. I mean the coincidence alone is just crazy."

"Crazier things have happened. I mean for God's sake you're dating a vampire." I said motioning to Stefan. "No offence." I told Stefan looking at him.

"None taken." Elena grabbed out a sticky note showing us.

"I have the address for her friend Trudy."

"You want to talk to her?" Stefan asked.

"I don't know. I... I dont know. If it's true and they are the same person that means that my birth mother is dead... and I don't know if I can handel that."

"Well I did, granted not in the best way." I walked to Elena and grabbed her shoulders. "Look, what I'm trying to say is, wouldn't you rather know then live in the dark of not knowing for the rest of your life." I pulled her into a hug and pulled away.

"Elena, did Jenna tell you anything about Alaric's wife, how she died?" Stefan asked walking closer to us.

"Just that she was killed and the case was never solved." Stefan looked around. "You knew that already?"

"Yeah, the night at the school when he attacked me, he told me some things about her death."

"Well,"

"No, no, no, it's not possible. The coincidence, it's too much. Listen if you do decide to go talk to Isobell's friend, I'll come with you."

"I just don't know how I'm gonna do yet." They engulfed each other into a hug and pulled away.

"So, why don't I know about Alaric knowing?" Stefan sighed.

"You're too close to Damon. You could tell him and Alaric wouldn't be a history teacher anymore."

"So you both don't trust me, great." I said sarcastically then smirked.

"I should get going, I gotta go deal with Damon."

"How's he doing?" I asked Stefan.

"He's dealing, in his own way."

"I'm coming with to your place." I told Stefan. "I haven't talked to Damon, I haven't been there for him."

#@@@@@@@#

We walked into the house to be engulfed by the smell of alcohol and loud music. I looked to Stefan and we shared a look and continued into the parlour to see Damon with 3 darker skinned women who are half naked. Damon was holding one of the girls from behind. I felt a pang in my chest but ignored it. Stefan flicked on a light switch to light up the place. "Ooh, buzz kill." I walked to the music and switched it off. "Greetings."

"Salutations." I said back.

"Wanna join, Kitty?" Damon said opening his arms.

I rolled my eyes at him, "That's a hard pass." I told him.