18.

unedited.

+pleasevoteandshare.

***

"Kaname? I have a request." Emiko called quietly, holding her hands in her lap as she looked at his reflection skittishly.

Kaname replied with a soft mumble, encouraging her to consider. He stood behind her and ran a comb through her silky hair. Emiko was thankful Kaname had decided to give her a hand as he took it upon himself to help her get ready. 

She struggled with her hair, it was growing too long and gave her the need to cut it.

Kaname, in a slow pace, decided to look at her using the mirror. Her eyes met with his and she looked down to her lap, playing with her fingers to distract her from his intense gaze, it was too captivating for her. He raised his eyebrows slightly and a small smile played along his lips. If he had to admit, he found her most endearing. There would be times where he would just look at her fixedly and she would immediately respond by looking away instead, it rather reminded him of a frightened lamb.

"Please refer to me as Emiko in public." She requested as she continued to play with her fingers, lightly touching the surface of her long nails.

He tilted his head with the small smile on lips, watching the comb run through her hair evenly.

"You look insistent, Alice. Perhaps protecting your true identity isn't the only reason I assume?"

He got her there. In all honesty, it was as if Kaname knew of her thoughts, as if he could read her emotions at such times. Emiko lifted her gaze to look at her own reflection and slowly reached to touch the mirror. Her fingers grazed over the surface ever so finely, tracing over the edges and features of her face.

"The faintest ink is more powerful than the strongest memory." She responded, quizzically, standing up from her chair when Kaname had stopped combing her hair.

He placed the comb back onto the table and stepped to the side, extending his hand. Emiko took one glance at the hand and place her own on top.

"Very well then, Emiko."

"As Takuma had informed, I will do the honours of introducing to you a new member of the Night Class, my kindred Emiko Kuran." Kaname's voice was kept stern but held authority. His face no longer held the small smile he had when they were alone, but a calm-looking face that barely changed. 

He stood upstairs, speaking to many vampires who were watching below him.

The moment the spoke of the female Pureblood's name, murmurs broke out. Students of the Night Class talked among themselves, wondering why they hadn't known that their Lord had relatives. He wasn't much of a talker, and seemed like an only child. If only they had known..

Emiko stood by Kaname, keeping her head held up high just as a Pureblood should. She looked among the students, searching through the many boys that were gazing at her in awe. Her eyes stopped at a pair of blue orbs who looked at her with uncertainty. Her hands unconsciously balled into fists. As much as she wanted to run down the stairs knock some sense into the blonde boy for forgetting her, she needed to keep up her appearance, not wanting to embarrass Kaname.

All in a moment, one by one, the vampire students (including the Aristocrats) placed a hand on their hearts and bowed deeply in respect, keeping their eyes shut. As they were doing so Kaname took her by the hand, surprising her, and placed it onto his arm. He then lead her downstairs as they passing the Aristocrats who followed along as the two Purebloods led the way out of the building.

Emiko's ears were sensitive, so the moment she heard the screams of what seems to be young females she winced a little.

"This is new." Kain stated from behind, almost forgetting that this was only the first day of enrolling into Cross Academy since the opening day.

"Honestly." Complained Ruka, rolling her eyes and looking elsewhere, already dreading the moment the gates open.

Emiko touched her ear with her fingertips for a moment before dropped her hand and tightening her hand on Kaname's arm. The Pureblood looked down at her in concern and patted her hand a few times to assure her as the gates begin to open with a creak. She slowly dropped her hand from his arm.

Suddenly the screaming became louder than before. Emiko tucked her hair behind her ear as she followed behind Kaname closely along with Takuma and Aido who stood not far behind her. There seemed to be mostly girls in the area and they politely parted left and right once they noticed the Night Class students arriving. They squealed in excitement, joy and some might have probably fallen in love at first sight.

Although Emiko disliked this much attention, Aido seemed to be enjoying it. She was convinced he was still the arrogant boy she once met. Folding in three of his fingers, letting the index and thumb sticking out, he made some sort of gun and shot one of the girls from the scream crowds and they fainted on the spot supported by their friend.

Emiko was beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable but the moment she saw a familiar silver-haired boy her eyes immediately brightened up. He was standing on the opposite side of Yuki, seeming to guard the wild girls as if they were cattle.

Zero glared at the girls, daring them to move any further forward and then turned his gaze to towards the Night Class students, glaring at every single one of them until his lilac eyes met mismatched orbs.

Emiko grinned and surprised Takuma as well as Aido by taking a few steps towards him. She wanted to greet him, it felt like forever since they last saw each other though it had only been a day. 

However the moment she took those steps, a hand swiftly latched onto her own. Zero narroed his eyes when he saw that she was pulled back by none other than that hateful Kaname's minions; two blonde haired vampires who one had forest green eyes and the other icy blue. They had pulled her back to her spot when they saw her wonder off to the boy that seemed to extremely dislike their Lord by how intently he was glaring at him.

When Emiko glanced at Takuma and Aido asking what was wrong, the male Pureblood's eyes made their way towards her and restricted her in place as if telling her not to go.

She was a Pureblood, she best be proper than improper to even think of going near a Level D just to greet him, Kaname thought. His subjects would not allow her, not even he, himself. Kaname could not understand why she chose to befriend someone like Zero Kiryu, someone who had the faint lingering scent of a near Level E. Eventually that boy would lose his sanity, hurt the people around him and would probably be killed by one of the Aristocrats so befriending someone who will eventually die in the end would only hurt her.

Kaname allowed her to stay by the silver-haired boy's side because it was her wish, but now that they are separated there was no longer need for that wish. She should just forget about him.

The Pureblood kept his calm demeanour but he couldn't stand the way Emiko was looking at the boy as if he were an actual being. He was nothing but a soul ready for the reaper.

Emiko looked at Zero in sadness but back to Takuma and Aido with pleading his eyes though they chose to look away; it was Lord Kaname's orders, there was nothing they could do. Emiko hid her gritted teeth. She yanked away her arms and walked towards Zero. She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him, ignoring the disapproval glances of her new classmates.

"Meet me in the garden at twelve o'clock midnight." She whispered before Takuma and Aido came to escort her back to her spot alongside Kaname.

Zero glanced at her, a distant look on his face replaced with determination. Definitely.