Chapter 18: The Suspects

Sheriff Mullins's head was rested in his hands. The files and information decorated the top of the desk in a messy fashion. Papers here. Papers there. The phone was beginning to feel warm because he was using it all the time.

"Listen, it's wrong that he did that to his girl, and if she wants to press charges... then that boy will be in a mess. He has a temper that I don't think he can control... obviously."

"His parents are going to cause a problem. They've always had trouble between them. His dad breathes drama, so does his mom. We've got to handle this correctly. They're going to blow it up and there will be news stations on us. Everything like that," she sat down on the leather chair in front of his desk.

"It's all falling into place don't you think? We've got the suspect. We've got the weapon. He looks so suspicious."

His deputy pulled her hair behind her ears, "I know what you're thinking."

"It's too perfect. I don't think it was him," he started to point at the different files on his desk. "The body is hidden perfectly. Deer's blood and bleach at the scene. Everything is taken care of to hide any lead. Then, he's stupid enough to leave the murder weapon in his back seat? With blood and everything else from the scene?" he paused... "I don't think Derrick did it."

----

Natalie looked into her bathroom mirror of her hospital room, crying as she examined the bruises Derrick gave her. Her feelings for Derrick were no longer pretty... the truth is, she was never in love. She knew he was a cheater, and she finally got what she needed.

Jasper was scrolling through the pictures in his camera. When he got to Natalie's pictures, he stopped scrolling. He was letting his crush conquer his mind. He couldn't stop thinking about her, just like every other night. The girl he loved was with the bad boy.

Zach's buddy, Derrick, had gone too far. He cheated. He lied. He argued. Zach was stressed out from this entire situation, but he couldn't help but think about how much he had caused and what he had done...

Evelyn kept trying to distract her mind by playing silly games on her phone... it wasn't working. She sat in her living room waiting on her mom and new step-dad to finally return from their honeymoon. Zach and Evelyn had so much to tell them, but could they tell everything?

Derrick sat in the jail holding unit waiting on his lawyer and phone call. His life was falling apart. No, he couldn't control his anger. Everything was out of hand. I've got to go out swinging at this point, he thought.

Kathrine hated the fact that she had to move to Fayetteville. She felt at home in Florida, and now that was stripped away. She was still new here, and everything was blowing up. She left Florida for a reason, and it looked like she brought her secrets and problems with her.

Someone killed Genni. Someone had a list. And Sheriff Mullins had his hands full.

*If you liked this chapter, please hit the star to vote. This would really help me out. Don't forget to comment your thoughts. Who do you think is the killer?