Chapter 23: Surprise, Surprise

"So," Sophie started. "can you tell me how exactly is this going to work?"

I turned to look at her and smirked in the process. "Just wait, my dear one. It is going to work. Do you seriously doubt me that much?" I asked, putting my hand against my heart, feigning hurt.

"Yeah, Soph. Just go with the flow. It'll go by just the way how we want things to be." Stacy added, making Sophie shoot her a surprised look.

"I thought we agreed not to let her control us?" Sophie asked, making Stacy shoot her a somewhat guilty look.

"Sorry, but the offer was really tempting." Stacy replied almost guilty; but she's clearly not. I can tell.

Drake chuckled, getting not only mine and Stacy's attention, but also Sophie's. "Drake, you're with them?" Sophie asked.

"Sorry, but it was so tempting, I couldn't resist." Drake replied, making Sophie groan in her place.

"You know, you can back out if you like." I said to Sophie. "I'm actually not that controlling, you know."

"I didn't say you are." Sophie replied.

I gave her a blank stare. "You just told them that you all agreed you wouldn't let me control you anymore."

She gave me a sheepish grin. "You know I love you."

"Whatever." I muttered under my breath.

"You guys, why do we have to do this?" Sophie whined, but I just smirked at her.

I looked back at the school hallway and remained hiding behind the wall post. Lunch is almost over, so it's the perfect time to pull the most awesome prank.

Suddenly, the bell rung, signaling the end of lunch. And, as usual, Aiden and the others were the first ones to get out of the cafeteria. I smirked and crouched down, as I got ready to pull the string. When they are already near, I pulled the string, pouring red paint all over them. Paige screamed, while the boys just, well, screamed. They kept on moving, only to bump on each other in the process.

Dylan stepped on the rope—it was on the floor, so they really can't see it—and a box full of glitter and feather came crashing down on them. I was laughing so hard, I didn't notice that all the students in the hallway—including Paige and the others—werelooking at me.

I stopped laughing, and looked at Aiden and the others, amusement clearly swirling in my eyes. They glared at me, but I can see a glint of mirth in their eyes; they're just trying to suppress it.

"What is going on here?" The voice of our principal came booming out and I was suddenly feeling beyond terrified.

Her shocked face says it all: I'm doomed. Her eyes met mine, and I smiled at her sheepishly. She shook her head in an 'I-should've-known' manner and said, "Amber Martins, come with me."

My jaw dropped and said, "What? That's so not fair. Drake, Sophie, and Stacy are included too."

She rubbed her temples and said, "Amber, just please. Follow me, and this will all be over."

I crossed my arms and pouted. "This is so not fair." I complained under my breath and slapped Drake on the arm, making him wince and rub it because of the impact.

"Say something." I said and he glared at me.

"Something." He said blankly. Stacy and Sophie tried to suppress a smile, but it eventually showed when I glared at them.