Deleted Scene #4 - Melody

A/N: Sorry this took so long! Moving sucks, guys. 

Thank you so much for over 3500 views and almost 200 votes! You guys have definitely earned another deleted scene after this! Who do you want to see: Yoongi, Jimin, or Taehyung? Let me know!

If I disappear again, it's because I'll be road tripping soon. I'll post as soon as I can. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

It was too hard to sleep.

Waking up in the earliest hours of sunrise, you roamed around the castle in your sweater and sweatpants, your flip flops echoing through the main hall.

Jimin's birthday party a couple days ago had left your heart unsettled. Why had Jimin become so angry with you? Did Jungkook feel any pain for hurting you? How did Nara feel about everything? What did she want? What did you really want?

You wandered with your thoughts until you found yourself at a staircase much like the one you and Taehyung had climbed to watched the stars, but this one was on the other side of the castle. 

What does the view look like from over here? The sunrise could be beautiful.

You climbed up the steps and opened the door, the cool, crisp air hitting your skin and senses as you stepped out onto the roof. The first pale yellow lights were beginning to peak and reflect off the clouds. The view wasn't as grand as the city lights at midnight, but the glowing sky and quiet, sleepy buildings had a different type of peace to them that made you relax your shoulders a bit.

Then you saw someone.

A man in a tshirt was leaning against the side of the balcony, looking over the scene himself. His fingers tapped against the brick walls, and it took you a moment to realize there was earphones dangling out of his ears.

You stepped up and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hoseok?"

You looked him over. Since when did he wear such normal clothes? Where was the suit and tie? Didn't he sleep in those things?  He was even sporting the unkempt, bedhead hairstyle. Was he sick?

His eyebrow lifted in a calm curiosity. "[Y/N]. You're awake?"

"You're back?"

He smiled. It caught you off guard. "Not for long. I'll be out again in a couple days. What are you doing here?"

"Couldn't sleep." you said, shrugging. You tried not to show how flustered you were from his smile. "What are you doing up here? It's pretty early."

"Came to watch the sunrise." He replied. "Something about the sun rising over the mountains over there is... hopeful."

Hoseok was being poetic now? That was strange. It was too early for him to be drunk. He must not have been awake enough to remember that he had put an emotional wall between the two of you.

Afraid to lose the small moment of decent conversation from him, you nodded to his MP3 player. "What are you listening to?"

"Movie soundtrack. It goes well with the sun coming up."

Before you could say another word, he pulled an earphone out of his ear and plugged it into yours. At the sudden touch to your ear, you retracted, but the sweet violin and soft flute of the song drew you back. Hoseok just looked down at you and smirked, his eyes catching a couple stray rays from the rising sun.

Such beautiful bright eyes...

The thought made your blood rush to your face. You wanted to look away before he could see what you were thinking, but you couldn't. You wanted to memorize his face just as it was now - those soft, large eyes and those round cheeks and lips capturing the warmth of the sunrise.

His eyes broke contact before yours did, dropping down to his MP3 player. He turned up sound. The music started to blast in your ear. He took out his headphone and plugged them both into your ears, the music piercing into your ear drums while he held both sides so they wouldn't fall out.

He mouthed something to you, but you couldn't hear it.

A smile spread wide across his face, a confusing mix of both arrogant and playful. You scrunched your eyebrows together.

He plucked both earphones out of your ear and stuffed the player in his pocket.

"What did you say?" you asked. "I couldn't hear you."

He shrugged. "I didn't want you to."

You pouted. A wider smile took over his face.

"See you for your next lesson, Princess."

With that, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked away.