Chapter 9

Previously:

"Yes, I love you Savannah." He said staring right into my eyes.

I stare at him for a second, processing what just came out of his mouth.

He loved me?

I felt a smile form on my tear stained face, butterflies soon erupting in my stomach.

"I love you too." I say before making the boldest move I've ever made in my entire life; kiss Jared Gilmore.

  •••••  

One Week Later

Savannah's POV

"Jared could you help me get this?" I yell trying to retrieve a Poptart box from the top shelf.

"Sure." He said walking into the kitchen.

He makes his way over to me and reaches up for the blue rectangular box. He grabs a hold of it and takes a moment to examine it before extending the box to me.

"S'mores?" He says in disgust.

"Hey don't make fun of me!" I reply taking the box with my good arm. "At least I don't like the strawberry ones."

"You take that back!" He says while jokingly putting his hand over his chest.

"Not after insulting my taste in Poptarts." I reply walking over to the toaster.

I try my hardest to open the box with one arm, considering the other one was covered with a cast. I somehow succeeded, which made Jared applaud me. I turn my head over my shoulder to see him standing there clapping his hands together.

"Shut the fuck up Gilmore." I said with a laugh.

"Language." I hear Lana say as she used her crutches to walk into the kitchen.

"Sorry." I say as I grab a package out of the box.

Lana takes a seat at the island and pulls her phone out of her back pocket, soon burying her face into the device.

"So I just got an email from your school, when do you think you can go back?" Lana asks after a minute.

It's been one week since the accident and four days since I was released from the hospital, everything still fresh in my mind. I was put on medical leave by the doctor and was given the option of more time by my therapist. My mental state right now is nothing close to alright and neither is Lana's, but I was told by Sean that she was trying her best to keep herself together. I haven't set foot into a car since I got home; on the way back to the house from the hospital my heart was pounding and I had tears threatening to make their way down my face. Ever since then I swore to never get into a car ever again.

"Uh, how many days did Dr. Reed give me?" I ask trying to open the silver wrapping.

"Six days, so if you're up to it you should be going to school soon." She said looking up from her phone.

"What day is it?" I ask to no one in particular.

"Wednesday." I hear Jared say.

"So I'd have to go back on Monday." I say as I can already start to feel the anxiety forming in my stomach.

I look over at Lana and she nodded her head before looking back down, beginning to type out what I'm guessing an email to my school letting them know I'd be returning shortly. The thought of going back to school made me want to vomit; thinking about people bombarding me with questions about the accident makes me feel weak and helpless. I've already done enough explaining in these past few days than I ever will in my lifetime.