Chapter Seven

"They have a cave troll," Boromir said dramatically trying to barricade the entrance.

The doors that were holding the oncoming orcs out of the room were beginning to bend with all of the force being thrown at it. I readied myself for the fight ahead.

"Let them come! There is still one dwarf in Moria that still draws breath!" Gimli roared carrying two rusty dwarf axes.

"Be careful what you wish for," I mumbled as the doors blew open and orcs poured in. I altered my appearance to that of a wolf and let my instincts take over.

I charged the closest orc and saw the shock on his face only for a split second as I reached up and broke his neck.

His buddy behind him swung his ax at me, but I rolled away and jumped on him as well. We were killing them left and right, but for every one we hit, two more seemed to arrive.

Come on, work with me you big fat idiots. I thought, dodging a poisoned orc arrow.

I was beginning to think that they maybe were thinning out, but then the cave troll arrived.

It was enormous! His hand held a ball and chain which was attached around his neck, and his excessive amounts of skin wiggled as he waddled into the large room.

I made him my next target by biting at his big heels trying to slow him down, but I was tiny compared to him, and the troll gave no mind. I then saw that he was heading right toward Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin, and I got even more desperate.

"Aragorn!" I yell seeing that I was getting nowhere. I saw him finish off an orc by stabbing his sword into it and he fought his way towards our direction. The troll didn't even notice this continued after the hobbits, Frodo to be precise.

I hurriedly tackled an orc who was shooting arrows at me with terrible aim before I tried to protect the hobbits. I was almost there when Aragorn reached the troll first and stabbed it with a long, sharp pole.

A horrid scream then filled the air, and I saw the cave troll grasping his chest. He quickly recovered though and changed his direction towards Aragorn. With one swipe of the troll's hand, Aragorn was knocked aside.

Frodo got up and rushed to our fallen comrade's side, checking to be sure he was okay. The troll noticed this, and before anyone could do anything, the troll grabbed Frodo and a spear that was laying on the ground. I watched in horror as the troll ran the spear right into the struggling hobbit before dropping him.

"Frodo!" Sam cried seeing his limp friend and I rushed to the troll once more. This time, instead of biting his heels, I bit his foot right on a budging nerve. The creature roared and knocked me against the wall with his only free hand. I hit my head hard and I blacked out.

"Adolpha?" I heard a distant voice say to me. My body screamed its protests when I tried to move, but noticed that I was no longer a wolf. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the entire fellowship looking at me, including Frodo.

"Fodo?" I asked rubbing my hurting head. "How?" I asked in too much pain to say anything more. I felt like I was in a fog, everything far away and out of my reach.

"Mithril," Frodo replied pulling aside his shirt a bit to show a beautiful chain mail chest plate.

"Can you stand?" Gandalf asked, concern in his voice.

"I think so," I said using the wall behind me to push myself up slowly, the sudden movement making my stomach churn.

"We got to get moving," I heard Aragorn say quietly to Gandalf. "There are more orcs on the way."