34: Happy Birthday to me

Alyssa Mells POV

My heart had literally stopped beating when Axel took me outside to show me a black jeep. It was adorable and small and I couldn't help but let my jaw drop. "You'll catch flies." Axel chuckled, using his first two fingers to close my jaw.

"No, I - I can't Axel." I shook my head. A car?

"C'mon Alyssa, if Axel wants to be your sugar daddy, let him." Amy chuckled, throwing an arm across my shoulders. How was she okay with her elder brother buying me a car. A car!

What had possessed him to buy me a car?

Maybe he felt more connected to me because I confided in him about a lot of stuff a few days prior.

Not hearing my complaints, the family dragged me back inside to make me open more gifts.

There was everything to air fresheners for 'my' car and a few decorative things. Like pink fluffy floor mats. And even a couple other necessities.

Every birthday the Allisons decide that because I don't like being gifted at random - they go all out.

And now, while holding the cutest little, fluffy white puppy. I was honestly questioning why they would do this.

But I couldn't complain as the white little thing started to lick my fingers. "It's a girl." Mrs Allison told me with a smile. My lips parted in awe as the little puppys white ears were floppy.

"She's so fluffy." I cooed as she licked my face, jumpin up and barking. Her fur was so soft and her eyes the deepest brown.

"Awe." Amy cooed as she barked happily, tail wagging. "What are you going to name her?"

"Uh, Molly." I smiled down at the puppy, who was wagging her tail looking up at me.

"Come here Molly." Axel called, the dog trotting over to him as I giggled. Molly was so adorable. Axel scooped the small dog up in his arms, Molly loved that as she started to lick Axels face. Axel pulled a sour face as the dogs small tongue licked his chin. "It's so small and warm." He gagged, putting Molly down and using his shirt to wipe away the dogs sylva.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm hungry." Mr Allison joked, rubbing his stomach and licking his lips. We all took a seat at the table, Amy and Axel on either side of me as we started to eat.

What was I going to do? I couldn't possibly accept a car AND a puppy.

I mean, Molly is the cutest thing ever. And obviously loves Axel, and probably the redt of the family. And the car. It was honestly the most amazing - and awesome - thing ever. I want to just drive everywhere - although the yellow L learners would have to go up and I would need an experienced driver beside me or in the car at all times. Axel, he could be in the car - it would make things all the less awkward.

Everyone seemed more excited than usual - it was my first birthday as free.

No longer subjected to being labeled as theirs. I am now my own person. Not that I already wasn't, but now - it's more official.

Like Axel said - it's in my past

And now I get to work on my future.

"Well, Alyssa and I have to go somewhere." Amy smiled happily. "Let's go get ready." She cheered, dragging me up the stairs. "Can we walk there?" Amy asked as she pulled on her shoes.

"That'll be fun, gives us more time. That and I can't legally drive without an experienced driver." I shrugged as she assembled one of her new fangled clothes. A light blue shirt and white ripped skinny jeans. With her it was all about the denim now. Smiling, I looped my camera around my neck, looking like a real fancy photographer. I snapped a photo of Amy and testing the camera.

Amy peaked over my shoulder mouth agape. The sun seemed to leach into the photo, bright, and Amy was in mid smile, her hair still as she stood in the neat room. The rest of the photo having a blue hue to it. "Wow." Was all Amy could say.

"Thanks, come on." I shook my head laughing, quickly we bounded down the steps. "I'm super excited, I mean, Sixteen! That is - such a big number." I ranted as we walked past Axel who had Molly on a red leash. "Thank you." I smiled happily, taking the leesh from him, Molly sitting expectantly.

"Stay safe you two." Axel winked before crouching down to Molly. "Be a good girl and protect them." Axel teased, scratching the little puppys head. Amy and I laughed as Molly let out a small yip. "See you two cuties later." Axel goodbyed as we walked out the door.

Halfway down the small driveway, Amy stopped and whirled to me.

"We should take a photo of us in front of the house." Amy said excitedly. I agreed quickly, pulling out the camera to take a photo of the two of us smiling in front of the house. Amy excitedly waited for the picture to load. "Looks amazing." She giggled happily.

"Come on, it's a ten minute walk if we hurry." I urged as Molly tredded beside us. I stared down at the small puppy. "Maybe twenty minutes." I cooed as Mollys little legs carried her towards us.

The two of us linked arms, Molly smelling anything and everything she saw. Then she ate a cricket. I didn't know what she was doing until I saw her chewing it. I quickly told her off and thankfully, the cricket was alright. "Gosh Molly." I chuckled, Molly shaking her tail happily. I took a photo of Molly happily, she was the cutest little puppy ever.

"Look Liss! I can see the hall." Amy cheered, getting Mollys attention. I noticed there were cars parked in the hall, not a lot, some further down the road but otherwise the hall must have been in use. I trailed quickly after Amy - as quickly as Mollys tiny bounds allowed - to see the great hall was somewhat quiet. "I wonder what's going on in there?" Amy said aloud, taking a step towards the closed door.

"Probably some gathering." I shrugged as Amys hand reached out to the door. "Amy." I chuckled shaking my head, standing next to her. "Amy!" I gasped as she turned the door handle and opened the door slightly. "Amy." I warned, but still followed her inside. The hall was dark and I couldn't see anything, Molly on her leash following me as well. The door slammed shut behind me, causing Molly to yip and then all the lights turned on.

"SURPRISE!" a large number of people stood in the hall, surrounded by decorations, food and my name on everything. My mouth hung open as my eyes met a lot of familiar faces.

Rosie, Darren, France, Jordan and Georgia stood at the front of the large crowd. A few of Amys and Axels cousins where here, along with a large number of school friends. I couldn't believe it when I saw two or my own cousins - my Mum's stepsisters kids. And the immediate Allisons family. They stood with happy smiles as everyone congratulated me on my birth.

My eyes met everyones - completely in disbelief that I knew everyone. I smiled, spotting Haylee and a few other co-workers in the crowd.

My sixteenth birthday was honestly the best. Molly seemed to yip in agreement as a lot of Amys and my younger cousins cooed over her.