Chapter 17

Tatiana

This is it. Today's the day.

Every group was to be expected at the grounds by five in the morning. And for once, I was actually hyped to wake up  so early.

They gave us a uniform to wear for the exercise which consisted of a tight fitting army green long sleeve top with camouflage shorts that reached just above the knee. I suspected Viktor was behind this because who the hell wears shorts in a battlefield?

I racked the closet until I saw some regular camouflage pants. I wasn't about to wear shorts and the v-neck on my top isn't helping my case.

I wore my combat boots and the gloves that came along with the uniform. After tying my hair up in a tight ponytail, I made my way towards the basement parking lot where the team and I decided to meet up.

By the time I got there, everyone was already suiting up. We took two separate vehicles and made our way towards the battle site. I was getting more and more excited as we neared the familiar metal gates of the training grounds.

When Levi and I got back to the training room yesterday, we immediately called up everybody and devised a game strategy on how we could win the mock battle.

The rules were still to be announced so we had to work on a flexible strategy. We were up against the other guys and I knew it was hard to beat them head on so we needed to play smartly.

When we got there, I noticed that many vehicles were already parked meaning most of the groups were already here. We entered the gates and I immediately felt the buzzing energy. They do take training seriously. Remembering what Levi had said.

I spotted Boris and the others but there was no sign of Dimitri. Not that I was looking. Boris's voice boomed through the mic and he started off with his announcement.

"Good morning everyone! I hope you're all ready" he said as loud cheers erupted from the crowd.

"Alright!! Let's get to the chase shall we? Today's exercise is pretty simple, you need to obtain the white flag that the defense team will be protecting. As many of you noticed the defense line isn't here because they are already inside the training ground" Boris said as he pointed to the trail that'll lead through the forest.

"Each team will be assigned  a color and a starting point. Team Alpha you guys are red and will be stationed at North, Team Beta blue and you'll be in the east, while Team Charlie will be green on the south and Team Delta is orange at the west station"

"The weapons you will find at your stations are all dummies, the guns work similarly with a paintball gun, the knives are laced with paint as well and for the explosives, those would also release powdered smoke and all are non-lethal. When another team's color is on you, that would automatically remove you from the game" Boris explained further.

"Oh! I know most of you had noticed that the fifth team isn't present here. Well that's because they're the main defense team, you have to tackle the Boss if you want to win this game" Boris smirked.

Everyone seemed to get more excited, it's not common you get to battle with the Boss himself and I on the other hand was anxious about having to fight it with Dimitri.

"You'll be given an hour to head to your stations and settle your plan. A flare gun will signal the start of the game and only then will you get to move"

"Alright! Head out and may the best team win!" Boris concluded as the four teams dispersed into the site.

When we reached our station, we found a metal table filled with different weapons and accessories. We wore the safety glasses and head gear.