ten

lea | alec

lea | alec

LEA LAZILY drags herself from her bed, feeling the sunlight enter into the room as she opens the window. Her hair is messy, her last day's ponytail disheveled to form an unattractive style that forces her to curse as she stares into the mirror. The sound of water running in the bathroom echoes through the room, mingled with the sweet voice of Leighton's singing. Carrie's still fast asleep - she has always been the last one to wake up - and Lea slowly brushes her shoulder to tell her that she is over sleeping.

It is a Sunday morning, and the girls had planned to go on a shopping date for the day, to ease the hecticness of their boisterous schedule that involved lots of tests and assignments. It was no lie when people say that college is a pain in the ass, but the girls somehow managed to spend time by sticking together.

The three have gotten close since the day they met each other. Carrie and Lea have known each other since middle school; it was one of those ice cream friendships that they had, where they bonded over going on little ice cream dates.

Leighton was different. They met her only through college, where she coincidentally ended up being their roommate; she got attached to them instantly - it was simply the charm and charisma that she carried. She was easily the sunshine and the heart of their friendship. The three girls loved each other.

A lazy moan escapes from Carrie's lips as she stretches her arms, her eyes shallowly puddled with sleep. Leighton strolls into the room, towards the mirror with a towel draped over her head. She removes it immediately as her face meets the mirror and dabs it over her face carefully.

"Lea," she calls, breaking their morning silence. "Is there anything that you want to tell us, babe?" she asks, her voice filled with false curiosity. Followed by Lea's gaze that shifts towards the direction where she stands, her lips twitch to falter a smile. "You know," she adds. "You don't have like a secret boyfriend or something?"

Lea blinks. She stands in front of Carrie's bed and watches her, sleepily, smile at her. Carrie lifts her brow and rests her hand on the pillow such that she was carrying her face. "What do you mean?" Lea flutters her eyes in confusion, her gaze oscillating between Leighton's and Carrie's. "Secret boyfriend? Why would I have a secret boyfriend?"

"Well," Leighton throws her hands in the air dramatically. "It's just that you've been texting someone a lot so we thought you might have a boyfriend or something," she attempts to state, her eyes squeezing perpetually as her words flew.

Carrie opens her mouth to ask, cutting Leighton, "Who is it, Lea?" She sits on her bed cross-legged, her eyes laced with eagerness. She rubs her hands together and places them on her cheeks. "Why did you have to hide the fact that you were seeing someone?"