11: Protective Brother

Note: Just wanna say thank you all so much for the motivating comments. Some of you have been commenting on every update and I appreciate it big time. I'm sorry if I don't reply to all the comments, I just don't know how to respond sometimes (I'm weird like that) but I swear I really take time to read them and am thankful for all your votes and comments. I love you fam ♡

Her brother's familiar red car was parked in front of the school gates like what he texted

Her brother's familiar red car was parked in front of the school gates like what he texted. It was a Camaro, she remembered him proudly saying once. She turned to Rylie and waved her goodbye, the girl smiled in return mouthing a silent 'good luck.'

He didn't come out of the car and happily greeted her as usual. All he did was unlocking the passenger's door, signaling her to get in which she reluctantly did. Once inside, tension was instantly felt, it was something she never imagined happening between the two of them. It was suffocating, causing her to breathe deeply. She can't even look at him. All she did was look down her lap where her clenched hands lay.

"Liandra," her brother started, making her flinch because of the hard edge of his voice. She glanced at him and found him glaring daggers at her hands, particularly the finger where the ring was. He was clutching the steering wheel so tight proving how pissed he was.

"Jake," she whispered.

He sighed, "I don't even know where to start. I'm so disappointed in you." She bit her lip, his words hurting her like no other. "What happened, huh? How did you even meet that son of a bitch?"

She closed her eyes, not believing the amount of hate coming out of her brother's lips. She was supposed to be the one asking that. What happened? What happened that caused you to hate each other so much?

She had no choice but to clear her thoughts and tell him everything that happened since that night. They were silent for a few minutes after she finished the story, and it sure was nerve-wracking for Lian.

"You even lied to me about meeting Rylie," Jacob scoffed, shaking his head.

"I did it for a friend," she uttered. She still hasn't told him about Eureka, she's scared he would blame her for what happened. She can't give him another reason not to get back with her.

"Who was that friend who asked you a favor?," he asked.

"I can't tell you, I'm sorry."

Her brother massaged his temple, letting out a fake chuckle, "it was Eureka, right?"

Her eyes widened, "how—"

"You think I won't know you're still contacting her and meeting up with her? I let that pass Lian, but this one right now is a different story. I can't let you get close to that bastard."

She was quiet this time thinking how he found out, then it clicked;

'Point is, your brother had his cronies watching over you and you don't even know it.'