[ nineteen ] jackass knows

c h a p t e r   t w e n t y jackass knows

jackass knows

Harper turned down the volume on her head phones when she heard a two knocks come from her bedroom door. She slid them off of her head so they were around her neck as she paused the show she was watching on Netflix.

"Come in." Harper replied, assuming that it was just her grandma.

When the door opened to reveal Scott, she was more than surprised. She closed her laptop and sat up on her bed, staring at him anxiously as he stood awkwardly in the door frame. He ran a hand through his hair, frowning.

"I'm sorry." Scott mumbled. "It really was the full moon last night. I-I didn't know what came over me, what I was thinking or doing... All those things I said, I didn't mean. I promise. You're my best friend, Harper... and I really hope you're not mad at me."

Harper sighed, "I was never mad, just upset."

The werewolf's face fell. "I never want to make you sad, Harper. I'm sorry for kissing you and saying those things."

Harper forced a light smile. "Apology accepted, McCall."

"Stiles isn't mad at you, is he? He said that you were his girlfriend last night... Holy crap I kissed his girlfriend! I kissed my best friend and my best friend's girlfriend! I am officially the biggest douche ever..." Scott's head fell into his hands as he came to the realisation.

The petite brunette shook her head. "Shut up, Scott. You're not a douche and Stiles isn't mad at me. He might be mad at you though..."

Scott chuckled dryly. "Oh he is. You should have heard my voicemails this morning. He described how he's going to kill me down to the last detail."

Harper just winced.

"Why didn't you guys tell me you were dating anyway?" He asked casually as he jumped onto Harper's bed, lying down while she sat beside him cross-legged. "And how long?"

Harper blushed. "Since Friday night. We didn't tell you because Allison had just, um, broken up with you and we didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable."

Scott raised his eyebrows. "That's... really sweet." His face softened. "Now I feel worse for everything."

"Don't." Harper whined, flicking his arm. "It's over now. Stiles will get over it soon, and then everything will go back to normal."

Scott just hummed in response before they sat/lay there in silence for a minute. It was a comfortable silence, the two of them just enjoying each other's company when Archie, Harper's cat, jumped up on the bed, accidentally landing straight on Scott's stomach.

The shaggy haired boy winced, letting out a grunt as Archie curled up into a ginger ball on top of him. Harper giggled, pulling out her phone and taking a quick picture of them together. She considered sending it to Stiles with a few laughing emojis, but she was afraid that that would only make him even more mad at Scott.