CHRISTMAS

The smell of freshly baked cookies whirled around in the room, I had gone out on many runs just to find the right ingredients and eventually just in time I had found them. It was still the early morning, I had gotten up, taken a shower, and even applied makeup. The whole gang was getting together tonight for Christmas Eve and we were all semi dressing up, and bringing at least one baked, or cooked goods. I was most excited to see Carl, we had been dating for around 3 years now and I had gotten him what I thought was the perfect gift for him. It was a gold silver chained necklace with a promise ring on it, he had given me one a while back that I wore on my finger, but now I had transferred it to a chain so they would be matching. 

"Morning sweet heart" My dad Daryl said while he made his way downstairs.

"Morning Daddyo" I said smiling at him. He went to reach for one of the cookies and I swatted his hand away.

"Hey what was that for, can't a man eat a cookie without being judged" He pretended to pout.

"Well, you can eat a cook...." I said and he instantly went to get another cookie but I snatched the container away from him and put the lid on it. "but only tonight at the party" I smirked.

"Ugh, I don't want to go to that party" He mumbled.

"Well, you are, because my cookies are gonna be there" I smirked.

"Fine" He mumbled as he went off into the living room. I chuckled and went upstairs to get ready.

__________________________

A knock echoed through the silent house, I ran downstairs with still only my pajamas on, but my hair was slightly curled. I opened the door and saw Carl with a bright smile on his face, his cheeks were rosy red his nose matching the same color of his cheeks.

"Hey babe" I smiled while running back upstairs to continue getting ready.

"Hey Hun, you almost ready" He shouted from downstairs.

"Yep just getting changed" I shouted back and peeked my head out of my room.

"Okay" He chuckled. I ran downstairs dressed and ready to go. I was wearing black ankle high boots with a pair of light blue skinny jeans that curved everything just right, and a white and black flowy shirt, I was also wearing a skin tight black and gray checkered jacket, and a black beanie to finish everything off. 

"You look beautiful" He said and brought me in closer pulling me in by the waist. 

"And you look handsom" I said straightening out his flannel.

"Ready?" He smiled.

"Ready" I nodded.

As I opened the door the cool breeze whipped my hair up from under my beanie. Carl interlaced our fingers together as we walked down the street towards the Grimes household. I noticed my dad sitting around the back of the house and I was confused why he was sitting all alone and not at the party which he said he had left to about 10 minutes ago.

"Hey I'll be right back okay, meet you there" I smiled and gave him a peck on the cheek. He nodded and let go of my hand placing it into his pocket and walking down the street.

"Hey dad what's up" I asked raising an eyebrow and taking a seat beside him.

"Dammit I don't want to go to this stupid party" He mumbled.

"Stop being so anti-social, I come from you, you really think I want to go to this party either, I'm going for Carl, because it's important to him for me to go, so can you please do it for me and come it's important to me" I asked resting my head on his shoulder.