{Respect} - General Hux

Word Count : 988 words

imagine requested by : @lovelyepe

"Where is he?"

Your eyes narrowed when no one answered you. It was always like this. You were always treated like this. It annoyed you far too much. You let yourself draw a deep breath before you took your anger out on them. The last thing you wanted was to be pinned as a Kylo Ren copycat.

You turned around and walked briskly down the long corridors, the only sounds being that of the boots hitting the floor and the voice of a commander over the intercom.

You were the daughter of the great General (Y/L/N.) The man was notorious for all of his conquests with his former loyalty to the Empire and to the First Order. With great power, came great responsibility. You were the responsibility bestowed upon the legendary general.

Even with how many times you have proven yourself worthy of the title General (Y/L/N), you were still treated like dirt. It was only ever if your father was around, which was now rarely since he was retired, that you ever got respect. You were thought of as bratty and snobby. That only made you more determined to prove yourself.

"General Hux."

You found the redhead in the command room, alone for once. He was looking at battle strategies that you didn't have to guess were for the upcoming attack.

The man didn't answer you back. He was ignoring you, just like how everyone else did. You were not having it.

You walked up to the man and crossed your arms, standing inches away from him. You watched as he tensed up and turned away from the table, his eyes looking down on you.

"What do you want, (Y/L/N)? I'm-"

You leaned up and pressed your lips against his own. The man stiffened but relaxed into the kiss, one hand on the small of your back. He tugged you closer to him and you brought your hand up to around his neck, making the kiss more passionate and rough.

"I hate it when you ignore me, Hux."

The man let a small smirk play on his lips as he looked down on you. Under his cold stare, a hint of smugness yet fondness was apparent.

"I'm focusing on an attack, (Y/L/N). What could be more important than that?"

"You including me in it, for one. We both operate this ship, if you haven't forgotten."

"Yet I am the one that holds respect aboard the vessel, if I recall, (Y/L/N)."

You narrowed your eyes at him and moved away from his grasp. The man merely fixed his uniform and went back to looking over the table. Even in your relationship with the widely admired General Armitage Hux you didn't get recognition.

"No one gives me respect because all the battle strategies I give you, you tell them without giving me credit. I am the reason why you win against those scum that call themselves Rebels. I'd like to see you succeed in this next attack without me."

"You wouldn't be doing your job as General, (Y/L/N)."

"Isn't that what everyone else thinks that I do anyway?" You spat before leaving the command room to go to your quarters

•••

As you foretold, General Hux lost his battle against the Rebels. You could tell as you heard the yells from Kylo Ren who was probably not too far away from your quarters.

You couldn't care less. You deserved more respect on this ship. Sure, you never spoke during the meetings but, you spoke to Hux. Although he acted as if he didn't care, he took your advice and all your suggestions. You knew by watching the battles play on. Every win they had was because of you but, everyone turned to Hux and congratulated him. He didn't even have the decency to give you at least some credit.

No, because he was a selfish and power hungry prick. Yet somehow, you were still in love with him. With years working beside him, you both developed a romance that no one, not even the both of you, understood. You barely ever understood each other and arguments were almost always raged but, you two made it work.

The redhead walked into your quarters, his hands at his sides clenched, his face red. You stood, a glass of bourbon in your hand.

"Guess the fight didn't go on as you planned, General Hux?"

You watched on, eyes lit up with interest, as the man yelled before stiffening and turning to see you. He was beyond angry. He was furious.

You couldn't care less. After witnessing so many of Kylo Ren's anger attacks, nothing really scared you. You kept your eyes on him as you took a sip from your glass.

"Am I really that useless now, General Hux?" You let a smirk spread on your lips, feeling unbothered as Hux stalked towards you, his eyes menacing

"You think this a game, (Y/L/N)?" He responded

"I think this as a source of enlightenment. I am the reason as to why this ship is still intact. I am the reason as to why there is still respect when people say your name." The man backed you up against the wall behind you. You brought your leg up and let it rest against his hip as you took another sip from your bourbon,"How about you give me the same respect when people say my name?"

He leaned down and crashed his lips against yours. You wanted to laugh but kissed him back, bringing your fingers up to his hair and messing it up, knowing that it'll make him more frustrated.

"We cannot afford to lose another battle." He said as you both briefly pulled away from the kiss

"You worded that terribly, General Hux." You smirked as you finished the rest of your drink,"You cannot afford to lose me."