XXVI

"Hello?"

I called into the dark of night as my eyes travelled from each warrior tent to the barricade. Where it was left unguarded.

This was a dream.

I couldn't remember how I got out here. The last thing that I remember was falling asleep in Raen's arms. The thought made my heart swell and stomach do backflips. I was merely distracted and didn't register the small fire lit arrow being projected and flung at my feet.

I staggered back in surprise and ended up falling on my back. Staring at the arrow on the ground where I once stood. Light illuminating in the darkness. It could've killed me if it was just a centimetre closer, I would've died.

But this is a dream.

"Who's there?" I demanded with a strong voice into the dark forest before me. My eyes widened when I noticed that the barrier spikes were gone, revealing the small but rather deep distance of grass between the camp and the edge of the forest.

I got to my feet. Just as I was about to call out again, I noticed a white horse. A silver hooded man riding it, coming out of nowhere.

I blinked and suddenly, I was just inches from the horse when it decided to blow hot air in my face. I jumped back. Gasping as I look up at the hooded man. I began to stagger back, the horse whining as I did.

"W-Who are you?..what do you want?"

I noticed from the small part of skin exposed under the hood, I formed lips and the man smirked at me. I frowned at this.

"Keylin..." The voice spoke and my breath hitched.

I knew that voice.

The boy unveiled his silver hood to reveal piercing blue eyes and blonde white hair. A wise and knowing smile playing on his features as he looked down at me. He couldn't help but hum at my look of realisation and he smiled sadly.

"Hello Keylin."

"Corrin?"

I bolted upright from the bed as a painful scream left my lips, my eyes scrunching tight before dying off into a whimpering mess as I heave for breath.

"Keylin..." Raen's voice is laced with worry and I didn't notice his hands around me where he must have pulled me into his lap. He was sitting upright with me across his lap. Once I regained from my loss of breath, my eyes opened to find him looking down at me. His eyes matching his voice that was laced with concern. He looked frightful.

"Are you alright?" He asked almost panting out of breath. Why was he out of breath? And how did I get in this position?

"W-What..?-" I start as I continue to pant, my eyes looking around me in confusion. I spotted Baja at the end of the bed staring at me silently. I noticed her bow slightly when our eyes met and she lowered herself onto the sheets, a feeling of relief filling my mind from her.

"What happened?" I ask quietly as I shift into a sitting position on his lap instead of him holding me up. I notice Raen gulp as he looks down at me. His brows furrowing.

"You tell me." He said quietly. "You were distraught. Thrashing in your sleep Keylin. I was trying to wake you up for a few minutes now but you didn't. You screamed."

I blink in confusion as what Raen said began to sink in and my breathing started up again. Raen narrowed his eyes down at my slightly dazed look and quickly placed his hands to my forehead. Checking to see if I had a high temperature or if I was brewing a fever. The last thing I needed right now was to get sick.