"10

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ DYCE SLOWLY OPENED the front door to keep the noise to a minimum

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ DYCE SLOWLY OPENED the front door to keep the noise to a minimum. Amos grabbed ahold of it so it wouldn't slam back against the frame. "Go get your brothers." He whispered to him. Dyce nodded and jogged by the couch where Bebe slept peacefully.

Amos looked at her, studying her familiar way of sleeping as her mouth was gapped open. He hated seeing her so tired especially knowing from what. Pooh was beneath her arm, snuggled closely beside her-sleep in a similar way.

Amos looked back up forward, seeing all five boys walking up to him. He waved them towards him and opened the door wider for them to go past him. Usually they were told not to leave the house without Bebe or at least her knowing, but Amos and even Latrell was well trusted by the family. Mo knew he'd get an earful once returning but he was willing to take it.

Amos pressed the door to the frame slowly so it'd be quiet. He was sure to lock it from the inside for the girls' safety. He jogged down the unstable, wooden stairs as the boys climbed in the back of the car- that Latrell held the door open to.

Amos noticed the oldest of the five called shotgun in the passenger seat so he squeezed in the back with the other four, right next to Dyce. Oldest to youngest it was: lil Zay, Roderick, Tyre, Hayden, then Dyce. " Y'all ready to get these line-ups?" Amos questioned, extending his arm outward to rub over Tyre head.

Latrell had already pulled off and was heading into the city to the barber the two usually went to. They all nodded as Tyre churned his face at Amos' head rub. " Man, fix your face." Dyce young voice said to Tyre causing the facial expression to revert to him.

"You shut up, fat head."

"Y'all both ugly, shut up." Hayden joined in. They both screwed their face at him.

"Hay I know you ain't talking with that check mark hairline!" Lil Zay exclaimed from the front seat.

"Nobody even talking to you!"

Amos chuckled at the young boys desputes. He patted Latrell shoulder and gestured his thumb upward as his index finger pointed to the radio insinuating to turn up the radio. Latrell nodded and did so as the boys continued to argue along each other. Magnolia soon drowned their voices out as it played louder.

"In new York, I Milly Rock- I wanna go to new York!" Roderick said loudly as Dyce shook his head. Dyce faced up toward Amos with unreadable eyes.

"See what I deal with." Amos threw his head back in laughter and nodded, punching Dyce cheek lightly.

"You love them, enjoy them because you're no better."

"I'm a lot better!" Dyce tried to convince him. He pointed to Amos' chain. "Can I get one of those?"

Amos' looked down at his chain, lifting it from his chest. "One of these?" He queried for confirmation. It was a gold chain with an angel hanging from it- some people engraved names into it but he'd never thought to do it, lacking a reason to.