Chapter Seventeen: The Hospital Visit

I knew you guys would love it if I made Poofless real...

And I'm trying to update this book more. And I'm happy I didn't lose this draft to whoever decided it would be fun to hack me and mess up my account by voting for a book and deleting my drafts. Hate you whoever did it...worked hard on those drafts..but enjoy the chapter! :)

'He's gonna wake up. He's gonna wake up. He has too, if he doesn't, I'm gonna kill him.' Jerome thought as his grip tightens around his coffee mug. He sat in Mitch's chair, saying almost nothing during the making of the update video, the others mostly spoke and when they were done, Jerome got up, grabbing his phone and jacket.

"Where are you going? We only have one car remember that." Vikk asks him. Jerome slips on his jacket.

"The hospital. To visit Mitch." Jerome said walk up the steps to the ground floor. He grabs his car keys, sets his mug on the table and puts on shoes before he heads out. Jerome turns on his phone, seeing notifications on the screen. He opens the phone and than turns it off before he gets into the car, driving to the hospital.

By the time he got there, it wasn't as busy as he thought it would be. He walks inside, heading the same direction he has been going to visit Mitch. But he stops, seeing Mitch's name written on the white board next to the room. He takes a deep breath, knowing Mitch's mother will be in there since she hasn't left the hospital room since Mitch got there. Jerome opens the door, seeing her pick her head up, looking at Jerome.

"Hey." Jerome said. She smiles a little.

"Hey, Jerome." She said. Jerome looks at Mitch, feeling his heart shatter all over again. Machines are hooked up to Mitch, black sticky small circle pads on his chest and sides, along with an IV in his hand, an oxygen tube thingy going into his nose, along with a another tube taped with medical tape hanging out of the side of his mouth making his head rest on the right side. Jerome stands at the foot of the bed. Mitch has a hospital gown on, making Jerome smile a little to himself. 'He's always hated those things. Would go out of his way to avoid wearing one.' Jerome thought.

"You don't mind if I stay here for a bit?" He ask Mitch's mom. She looks at Jerome and gives him a small smile.

"I need to go to the bathroom anyway, so can you keep an eye on him?" She asks. Jerome nods. She gets up, kissing Mitch's forehead before she leaves the room. Jerome walk around the bed and look at the machines, knowing recognizing only the heart monitor and the IV. Jerome puts his hand on Mitch's.

"Hey, Benja. The others came in about a day ago, we all are staying at your place. Vikk, Rob, Preston, Lachlan and me. We aren't gonna go anywhere either, we are gonna be right here waiting for you to finally wake up, especially me, Mitch." Jerome said. Jerome sniffs slightly, feeling his eyes water. He wiles his eyes with his sleeve. He squeezes Mitch's hand. "I'm not gonna leave you like this all by yourself. I promised you that I would take you home, and I'm not gonna break it. I promised you to not leave you behind, and I won't. I will wait for you to wake up, Benja. So please, wake up. I miss you, no matter how stubborn and irritating you have been since I got here, you're worth it." Jerome lets go of Mitch's hand when he hears the door open. He looks at Mitch's mom.

"Hey." She said. She sits back in her chair, staring at Mitch. "It's nice you are here Jerome." Jerome looks at Mitch.

"He's my best friend. I'll do anything for him. And..." Jerome started. He looks at her. "I'm sorry that I didn't say anything to you, I should have contacted you when his depression gotten worst. None of this would have happened if I did." She looks at him.

"Don't blame yourself, Jerome. You did everything you could, it's me who should have done something. I should have came myself, you shouldn't have to call me when my baby needs me. And I don't know if you didn't think of this, but think about what could have happened to Mitch if you or Lachlan weren't there when he took the pills." She said as tears form in her eyes. Jerome sits down next to her.

"I didn't think of that, that makes me feel a little better." Jerome said truthfully. She chuckles.

"He's still here because you and Lachlan, Jerome. He still has a chance to live, if you wrren't there when you two were, these past four days would be very different for Mitch." She said. Jerome nods agreeing. She looks down at her hands, sniffing up tears. "I'm okay with Mitch living with you and his friends. But...when he wakes up, I want him to live with us for a few days. I just need to make sure he is okay." Jerome nods.

"That's fine by me. As long as you need till you feel it is okay to let him go." Jerome said.

"And if I ever see Jessica again, I'll put her in a hospital bed myself for hurting my baby." She said quietly making Jerome stare at her for a few seconds. She looks at Jerome. Jerome hears his phone go off and he pulls it out, seeing a text from Vikk.

"I need to go, but I will bring Lachlan and the others later today." Jerome said. She nods.

"Mitch would like that." She said. Jerome smiles at her and than looks at Mitch.

"Bye Benja. Get better." He said. Jerome leaves the room, wiping his eyes dry again. 'I almost broke down again and in front of his mom, I just need to try to stay strong. I have been doing great with that before the coma, trying not to break down in tears in front of him but instead being that shoulder for him to cry on because he needed me, even if he won't say it, I knew that he needed me there for him. Yet now...it's extra hard to keep my composure when he looks like that, hooked up to machines. It just breaks my already broken heart.' Jerome thought. By the time he got into the car, he felt like bursting into tears. Instead he just sat there, trying to pull what pieces he has left of him back together for Mitch's sake.

Once Jerome got home and inside, he saw everyone in the kitchen. They turn to him.

"You okay, Jerome?" Preston asks. Jerome looks away.

"Um...I think I'll skip out on that lunch, guys." Jerome said. Vikk shakes his head.

"No. No. You have only left the house for the hospital, for Mitch, lets all go out and do something fun." Vikk said.

"Like what?" Rob asks.

"We'll find something to do, and Jerome, you are coning with us." Vikk said. Jerome turns away from them and heads downstairs, into Mitch's room, which has pretty much turned into his room as well. He sits on the bed, pulling out a notebook from between the bed and the wall. He opens it, showing pages full of Mitch's writing. His eyes look at Dr. Clark's number on the inner cover. Jerome bites his bottom lip, flipping a few pages till he stops on one.