CHAPTER 1

"Hi.. Is this seat available?", Meher asked a girl who had a vacant seat beside her. In a classroom full of unfamiliar faces, this girl was the only one who caught Meher's attention and seemed to be a sensible soul.

"Yeah

"Yeah.. Sure", the girl replied with a smile.

"Meher", Meher introduced herself.

"Sneha", the girl replied with another charming smile.

"I thought I would be late, but fortunately, either the professor is himself late or.. ",Meher sighed, happy to not get caught for being late on the first day of college.

"or.. you're lucky. I think the professor is absent today" , Sneha replied.

"That's great. Free lecture on the first day. I never imagined college would be this much fun ", Meher chirped.

"Yeah.. But I don't think your happiness is gonna last long coz here comes the professor", Sneha pointed towards the door. Meher fake frowned while Sneha chuckled at her reaction.

The noisy class silenced on the sight of professor. Everyone sat at their places and looked towards the professor, embracing the start of their college journey.

The Professor introduced himself and got acquainted with the students of the class. This wasn't just a student - professor introduction but the students were getting to know each other too. It was their first class in this college after all and each one was unknown to others.

The lectures of the day went by in the 'get to know' phase. It was during lunch break that students scattered throughout the campus.

Meher and Sneha had their lunch in peace as there were just a few students inside the class. After lunch they decided to stroll around the campus.

They were near the garden area when a group of three boys approached them.

"Haven't seen you around before. Freshers?", One of them asked, scanning them top to bottom. Sneha and Meher looked at each other. They knew they were facing the inevitable ragging.

"Yeah..", Sneha replied not sure of any way out.

"Mohit, third year", one of them introduced himself. Before adding, "Rakesh and Mohan", and pointed towards other two boys.

"So... Introduce yourself", Mohit demanded.

"Sneha, first year. This is Meher, first year", Sneha introduced both of them.

"Come on Sneha.. Let her introduce herself.", Mohit smirked at Meher.

"I'm Meher.. First year", Meher replied.

"Introductions include contact numbers too, honey ", Rakesh laughed as Mohit and Mohan joined him.

When Meher and Sneha didn't reply, Rakesh spoke up again.

"No phone numbers??? Ok.....So, what are you both going to do for us today?" Rakesh asked.

Meher and Sneha looked at each other in nervousness. They were creeped out by their behavior. A healthy introduction between seniors and juniors is mandatory. But what these guys were up to, was neither healthy nor a simple introduction.

"How about a dance on the song of our choice", Mohan chipped in.

"I.. I don't know dancing", Sneha stuttered.

"Ok, Meher will dance and Sneha will sing.", Mohit said.

Meher opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by Rakesh, "Now, Meher don't say you don't know how to dance. Because no matter you know it or not, you are going to dance."

"Ok.. Sneha, sing the song 'ye mera deewanapan hai..' and Meher you dance.", Mohit announced.

Sneha gave Meher a pleading look and started singing slowly. Meher didn't move a bit.

"Come on Meher, show us your moves.", Mohit said smirking at Meher.

"Mohit", A voice called from a distance. All of them looked at the source of sound and Sneha paused singing.

A guy with black hair and groomed beard stood a bit far. He wore a check shirt with sleeves folded to 3/4th of arm length. He wasn't a poster boy, but he sure could catch eyes with his personality. His tone didn't seem too friendly but more of a warning.

The guy shook his head gesturing Mohit not to pester the girls. Mohit turned his head towards the girls and asked, "You guys know him?"

Sneha shook her head while Meher didn't respond. Mohit gave a creepy smile and shuffled his finger between Meher and the guy, still standing at the same distance. "Is there something going on between you two...? ", Mohit asked wiggling his brows.

"MOHIT", the guy warned once again. His expressions turned into rage.

Mohit looked towards him and raised his hands in surrender, backing off from Meher

Mohit looked towards him and raised his hands in surrender, backing off from Meher. However, he didn't fail to mumble, "Sure there's is something cooking." His remark was loud enough to be heard by Meher and Sneha.

Before going, Mohit winked at Sneha, "By the way, I loved your voice" and left.

Sneha and Meher looked at the guy. Sneha lipped a ' Thank you' to him. The guy smiled in return and gave a slight nod. His smile faded as his eyes moved towards Meher, who instead of thanking him, was standing with a blank expression.

Though her face was expressionless, her eyes beamed anger.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

A/N:

Hello All,

New story!!! Did you like the concept? Please chip in your views.

Who is this guy who saved Sneha and Meher.Why do you think Meher didn't thank him? And why was she angry at him? He saved them. Right?

I know this is a short chapter, but following chapters will be longer. I Promise. Please give this story a chance.

Please Vote. Share. Comment. Even it is criticism, please comment. I always welcome a feedback.

Love ❤️❤️