[31]

Mark:

Jinyoung raised his eyebrows and I could literally feel his scepticism when I told him that Jackson's mother wanted to meet me because he had told her that I was pregnant with his child.

I had asked my best friend to come over right after Jackson had left. He was the one I trusted the most in this world, even more than my own parents so it was no question that I would ask for his advice.

I knew that the black-haired was very sceptical when it came to the topic "Jackson". He had always been and his scepticism grew even stronger when he had found about the night with Jackson and my pregnancy.

Some people liked to say that my best friend was very overprotective. Maybe he was but I needed someone who stood up for me and protected me because I was too weak to do so myself.

During the last months I had sometimes had my moments of confidence which were mainly caused by my hormones which caused me to speak or act before thinking about it.

"I'm not exactly sure what to tell you. I mean, I understand that his mother wants to meet you. She doesn't seem to be as ignorant and selfish as her son." He looked at me when I crossed my arms. "Sorry."

I didn't like it when he talked about Jackson like that. Of course, the blonde had a lot of bad characteristics but I always tried to see his good sides because he was going to be the father of my baby.

I really wanted to be friends with him although I knew that it would be hard to treat him well while he was acting like an idiot. But I would give my best because my... our baby needed the both of us.

"Anyway, as I said. I understand his mother but I don't know if I should tell you that you should really go to see her. I mean, it would be a favor for Jackson and he definitely doesn't deserve any favors." He said.

I sighed and leaned back. Actually he was right. Jackson didn't deserve it but I didn't want to reject his mom because her son was an idiot most of the time. And as I said, I wanted to get along with the father of my baby.

"I know that expression. You think about doing this for him, right?" Jinyoung smiled a bit and I nodded. He knew me so well and it didn't surprise me that he had read my mind so fast.

"Yes. I know he's an idiot sometimes. But his mom wants to meet me. I'm expecting her grandchild and I think she deserves the chance to get to know me." I told him and he just nodded followed by a heavy sigh.

Jinyoung knew that I had already made my decision and that he couldn't change my mind. And therefore I knew that he would support me with all my plans although he didn't like them.

"Well, then you should ask him when you can come over." My best friend said and I nodded a bit. "That's my plan. I'm going to call him right after my doctor's appointment." I told him.

"You don't want to tell him about the appointment? I thought you wanted to involve him." The younger laid on his back and stared at the ceiling. He was right. That had been my actual plan.

"I wanted but I can't involve someone who doesn't want to be involved. For now, I will just try to become his friend so we can talk like normal people. That's the best for the baby." A small smile formed on my lips.

My baby was the most important person in my life and for him or her I was ready to do everything. I would get along with Jackson and I would find a job to make sure I could offer my child a good future.

I knew that it wouldn't be easy as a teen father. People would judge me and I would have to manage college and my child's education. And if Jackson wouldn't help me I would even have to work, too.

I was afraid. Afraid of the future and of the huge task of being a parent. I was so scared of failure. My kid only deserved the best and I wanted to make everything right. With or without Jackson.

"Mark? You're crying." Jinyoung hugged me tightly and I buried my face on his shoulder. I didn't want to cry but I couldn't stop the tears from running down my cheeks like little waterfalls.

I hated it to cry. It wasn't something bad at all. Everyone cried sooner or later but crying made me feel weak and I couldn't allow myself to be weak. I was going to have a baby and I had to grow up.

Good morning!

I hope you had a good start in this new month!

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter ~

Thank you for reading 💙