one

There I was for what felt like the hundredth time, trying to talk to my best friend, Millie, on the phone.

I could barley hear her voice over the loud laughing from my brother and his friends.

I was sitting on the counter beside our kitchen table, which was where the boys were all sitting.

I pulled my phone away from my ear, covering it in the side where the other line could hear.

"Can't you guys ever be quiet around here!" I said in a whispering and shouting kind of way, toward the boys. They didn't budge.

"Cant you ever get off the phone and quit yelling at us!" my twin brother Jaeden, mocked back towards me. I scoffed at his comment. Ignoring it.

"Okay sorry Mille, what were you saying again?"

"I was just going to tell you we need to go shopping this weekend. We need to hangout more like we used too!" She said through the phone.

"Yeah totally! I'll text you later and we can set it up. I have to go. My brother has his friends over again," I grinned.

"Okay no problem. Have fun, y/n!"

I smiled and hung up the phone. Then I hopped down from the counter and walked to the fridge to get a drink of water.

The boys were either on their phones or playing an old board game they brought up. This happened a lot.

As I was walking back over to sit on the counter where I was before, I heard Finn say something about starting a live stream. That sounded fun.

"When are you doing that? Sounds fun."
I asked.

"Yeah It does sound fun. Too bad you aren't invited to join," Jaeden said mocking me again.

I scoffed. I knew my face turned red because I was embarrassed by the other guys being right there.

I looked down. "Whatever," I mumbled.

"Why can't she join with us?" I heard Wyatt ask. I looked up at him. He was looking over at Jaeden.

Jaeden looked at him. "She's my sister. I just thought you wouldn't want her to join. You're my friends. It's weird having your siblings join, "

Wyatt looked over at me and smiled, then he turned back to Jaeden. "Well we're not gonna make it weird anymore."

I smiled to myself. "It's okay Jaeden. If I had my friends over, you wouldn't even be aloud in the house, "

The guys started laughing to themselves and Jaeden's face turned red. Then he started laughing too.

I smiled and joined in with them.

"Who wants Pizza?!" Jack said breaking the silence afterwards.

"What do you guys want? We'll have it delivered." Jaeden said.

After discussing what we were gonna order for a few minutes, we finally made a decision and Wyatt was ordering it on the phone.

The guys were shuffling cards and dealing them out, while eating chips, and occasionally sipping on their drinks, and cracking a few jokes.

" Hey y/n why don't you join in the next game, have some fun." Finn asked as he dealed out the cards.

"I don't know, I've only played once or twice and every time, you guys beat me," The guys looked at each other and laughed, making me laugh too.

"Oh I've been meaning to ask you, Did you ever get asked to that school dance yet, remember I thought you were just talking about it yesterday," Jaeden said in a sarcastic voice looking at the guys, probably trying to embarrass me.

"Yeah I did actually, if you wanted to know."

"Who!" they all said in sync.

I have no idea why they all care. I never really did get asked to the dance, So I didn't know what to say. I thought for a moment.

"It's - "

Then I heard the doorbell ring.

"Well I better go get it," I said nervously.

I got down from the counter, where I was sitting, and went through the kitchen and made my way towards the front door.

I opened it and to my surprise it was the Pizza delivery guy.

"Hey, here's your pizza, the total's gonna be $10.35," he said.

I reached in my back pocket and grabbed out money, then I gave it to him.

A few seconds later he handed me my change and the box.

"Here you go miss. Have a nice night!"

"Thanks you too."

He was walking down the sidewalk to his car, Parked in the driveway when I realized something.

"Hey!" I said. He stopped and turned around.

"Sorry to bother you, and if you don't mind me asking. Do I know you? You look really familiar."

He thought for a moment. "Not sure. But when I saw you I thought the same thing. What's your name?"

"y/n. What's yours?"

"Glenn. Well y/n, see you around! I gotta go. I know we're both gonna probably remember later. That just the way it goes. Bye." He said and walked down the sidewalk.

"Bye," I smiled. I walked in the house and shut the door behind me. Huh.

side note: anyone a fan of TWD?
ahhh Glenn