Chapter 46: A Phantom Killer

Ah, my bad, I accidentally published chapter 75 here instead of saving it, so f you got that notification and can't find the chap, it's because I removed it now. It's available on radishfiction tho.

Anyway, here's the chapter I should've released and check on radish if you want to read more. I'll finish this book 2 (you didn't forget that all chapters until now are book 1 and book 2 here, right?) before July on radish, so look forward to updates xoxo

CHAPTER 46:

A PHANTOM KILLER

       VINCENT WAS looking for Nikolas ever since the last time he saw him after being abducted, and in his head — someone had probably done the same to him. Not long after, he heard the news of Nikolas having murdered someone and blamed himself because of the trouble he gave him. Kaley and Alis were back at his residence with his two best friends taking care of them and keeping them safe while Vincent turned the entire London upside-down looking for his son.

To make the matters worse, just as he came back home to check on his daughter and possibility of Nikolas having returned home, he encountered a certain detective who began to question him about his son.

They were, however, looking for him in order to lock him up in the jail.

As Vincent began to explain that he had no idea where Nikolas is and that it's not like he'll miraculously find out his whereabouts, he received a phone call from a certain son giving him the answer he was seeking. He was already in a fucking jail.

And once he got on his way there, the annoying detective brat decided to follow him and bring justice to the light — hence they all ended up in the police station where Nikolas was.

Nikolas who just insulted officer of law — Edgar, had a feeling that he had something against police after that. As all pairs of eyes turned to the newcomers and Nikolas, they began to whisper among themselves.

"Mister perfect," Buck mumbled with disdain on his face. Truth to be told, their police station didn't really like Blanche, he was - after all - the one in the spotlight and reason why their station is going to end up being closed sooner or later. He probably caught the largest number of criminals, despite being in service for just five years.

Since London had someone as great as him, there wasn't really a need for someone as useless as their station that caught zero instead.

Yes, they were that bad.

"You've been running away, slipping past my fingers for years now," Blanche said before grabbing a iron bars where Nikolas was, "I couldn't get your evil deeds out of you, nor expose what kind of a bastard you are, but now there's no one who can save you."

Nikolas just couldn't stomach that annoying grin that guy had. Sure, Nikolas was mafia and evil-doer, but for some reason this man of justice was simply more annoying than everything he was ever faced with. And he had this inexplicable need to remove that grin from his face even if he had to kill him for the sake of that goal.

"The only one of the two us that needs saving is you, but I guess that even God would avert his eyes from your idiocy which explains why you're still as dumb as the first day we met," Nikolas smugly replied before shrugging like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You... Do you really think that you have a luxury of being careless under those circumstances!?" he yelled and Nikolas only plucked his nose like it was the most interesting thing in the world.