Chapter 27

Nico's POV:

She actually looked peaceful this morning as she slept. Both her face and her body looked completely relaxed.

I was honestly quite surprised by what she did last night. She never struck me as the kind of person that would try something like that.

Even though it really wasn't that big of a deal.

Judging by the look on her face when I 'caught her' she most definitely thought that it was.

Then again she pretty much thinks that everything is a big deal, that's just how she is.

I glanced down at her, watching her chest steadily rise and fall.

The heat that her body gave off was one of the main reasons that I didn't mind sleeping with her.

I'm sure that most vampires have a guilty pleasure when it comes to the heat of their pets, whether they're willing to admit it or not.

Something about it was just different.

I let out a quiet breath.

I should probably get up soon. I had yet another meeting with the committee today to discuss this months blood collection.

But I knew that If I got up, Khloe would wake up as well.

Oh well.

I moved the arm that wasn't around Khloe, using it to push my self up a bit.

Khloe's movement caused me to pause.

I looked down to see her hand now holding on to my shirt the best she could in her still asleep state.

She had even managed to follow the couple inches that I moved away from her so that she was exactly how she was laying before.

I huffed out another sigh as I slowly fall back against the bed.

Fine. Ten more minutes.

~~~

Khloe's POV:

I sat cross-legged on the bed as I watched Nico get ready, already knowing that I wouldn't be joining him for breakfast today.

Yet again, the absence of his body made it a bit more difficult to relax.

Even so, I'm still very grateful that he allowed me to sleep with him again.

I didn't even feel the slightest bit tired, which was a very surreal feeling for me.

It felt nice.

Nico turned his head back towards me as he finished buttoning up his vest.

"If you had the choice, where would you choose to sleep? He asked.

My brows rose at the sudden question.

Why was he asking it at all?

Obviously, I would choose to sleep with him, but I'm not sure if saying that out loud would be weird or not.

Sleeping with him was just so oddly calming and tranquil. I didn't have to worry about anything when I was next to him.

I don't even believe that I had a nightmare last night, for the first time in years, nor did I wake up during the middle of the night.

Both times that I had slept with him felt like the best rests that I had ever gotten.

I looked down to the maroon blanket, running my finger across the soft fabric.

"If I had a choice, I would like to sleep with you," I responded quietly.

Nico looked at me for a bit longer before he turned his head.

"Very well," he said.

I quickly looked back up towards him.

Very well? What the heck down he mean by that?

"Very well?" I questioned.

"Mhm," he turned his full body to me, "If you want to sleep with me then you may."

It took me a moment to fully process what he had just said, trying to make sure that I didn't mishear him.

Once I was absolutely sure that I heard him right, my entire body perked up.

I'm pretty sure that I even smiled for a brief moment before other thoughts quickly filled my mind.

"Are you sure? I don't want to do it if I cause you any kind of discomfort." I quickly said.

As much as I wanted to sleep by his side, he was still my Master and I didn't want to be a burden in any way.

"I'm sure, Khloe." He stated calmly.

A small smile began to make its way onto my face.

With that, Nico quickly fixed his collar and turned towards the door.

"I should be back a little after lunch, so I'll tell one of the slaves that you'll take the food from them when they deliver it." He stated.

My smile quickly fell.

"Why will you be gone for so long?" I asked.

Sure he leaves me alone a lot, but that was a decent five hours that he'd be gone.

I've never been left alone for that long.

He looked back at me once he reached the door.

"I have an unnecessarily long meeting that I have to attend." He replied, not really sounding like he was looking forward to it.

Oh...

I just nodded in response.

"Anything you need before I leave?" He asked.

I shook my head.