Chapter 42

Aiden's P.O.V

I throw the television remote as I slip out of bed and start pacing. Julian had managed to piss me off enough to ruin sleep for me and now Gotham too.
That stunt he pulled earlier was fucking cruel, he left me with blue balls and I had to sit there and jerk myself off. I was so angry I didn't want to think of him, but I couldn't release for the longest time until I finally allowed myself to think of him whimpering below me and boom, the job was done. It just pissed me off even more though, I tried to go back to sleep but my frustrated thoughts just awoke me again and again. I lounged around the suite for a while, before I decided to go find him and bury to hatchet, to my surprise he wasn't anywhere in the pack lands. It was one of the gatekeepers who told me he left earlier with Isabel.

I tried to apologize to him through the link but he just threw a tantrum, then dropped a bomb about missing me and then blocked me out before we could resolve anything. Just like that my anger resurfaced and doubled itself, I took my anger out on the now broken tree in the back of the pack house before returning inside. I decided upon a plan to ignore him until he apologized and tried to watch some tv, but of course it proved to be impossible to keep still and now here I was pacing the carpet wondering where on earth he could be. He didn't have a phone and without the link, he was untraceable, I could sniff him out but that would take too long. Just then my phone pings from across the room, I lazily pick it up to see a text from Isabel. I immediately open the phone when I remember she was with him.

That one nut job 🥜 - What did you do to Julian?

Me: Nothing! He's being stupid.

That one nut job 🥜 - He's over here ranting about you like if he were drunk. Saying how if you don't need him, he doesn't need you. Hurry up before he does something stupid.

My heart clenches at the words that my eyes glaze over. Of course I need him! I think of nothing but him all the time, he's easily the most important thing in my life. I told him I loved him for crying out loud, I hadn't said those words to anyone since I was a kid. Not even my parents, not after what happened. But I sucked up my fears and I told him how I felt and now he was saying he doesn't need me. I feel my eyes glow as my anger steadily rises with my blood boiling underneath my skin.

Me: Where are you? I'm on my way.

That one nut job 🥜 - The mall. Joe's Pizzeria, left wing.

I stuff my phone in my pocket as I grab the keys to my car that just came back from the shop and left the suite. The elevator seemed to move slower than ever as I impatiently tapped my foot against the floor. Once in the car, I speed through the pack lands and onto the highway heading towards my infuriating mate.

Julian was a minefield I was learning to map out, he was always a closed and unaffectionate person which was slowly changing as our relationship grew. I think when I told him I loved him, I broke through to a place in his heart that remained untouched. After that night he was all smiles and kisses, I'd wake up to the most cheerful version of Julian there was, not that I was complaining. He was depending on me much more and used every opportunity to reiterate how much he loved me too. I loved it, it was great having him so happy so this sudden switch in moods took me by surprise. Yeah I'd been a bit closed off but that's because I was free from the shackles of the education system and was free to sleep and I was admitantly a bear during the vacation. I was tired, if it wasn't relationship problems, it was our friends or the pack and I took a tole on me and now my body was understandably recuperating. I didn't think he'd mind since all he did was read but apparently he did, a lot.