15 - A Werewolf

✧Previously on Chapter Fourteen✧

CHAPTER WARNINGS:
- Fight scene
- Violent
- Mentions of blood

Harry let out a dramatic groan as he opened the front door to his house. It had been a long and tiresome week since he found out about what happened to Ed, and the days never went by easier knowing that he was still unconscious. Plus, on top of that, Harry also hadn't seen Louis since he was kicked out of the cabin. In fact, he never once stopped by to visit, not even while Harry was sleeping. There had been no signs of Louis at all, and Harry was starting to wonder if giving the ring back to him was a good idea or not. The most Harry had heard or seen had been from Liam. Liam had taken on the role of checking in on Harry and making sure he was safe, but other than that, the visits from Liam were quick.

Once Harry was inside his home, he lazily tossed his bag off to the side and trudged into the kitchen to grab a snack. He found a note on the counter when he walked into the room and went over to read what it said. It was his mother informing him that she'll be in town all day and that Harry should meet her by a cafe around dinner time. Harry let out a soft hum and walked over to the fridge to grab an apple for the time being.

Harry knew he still had a couple more hours until he needed to meet his mother, so his plan was to do absolutely nothing while he waited. He figured he could catch up on some TV shows or maybe take a nap, except, when Harry walked back out into the living room with his apple in hand, he noticed a figure standing at his back patio door. Harry stopped in his tracks when he realized it was Louis standing there about to knock. Their eyes made brief contact with Louis offering a weak smile before Harry was going to the door to slide it open for him.

"Hi," Harry breathed out, eyes scanning across Louis' body and drinking in every inch of him. It had been a long week, and Harry really did miss seeing and smelling Louis all around him.

Louis tilted his head over towards the couches in response and led the way over there. He took a seat on one of the cushions as Harry sat down in the spot next to him. Once they were settled, Harry took a hesitant bite of his apple while watching Louis carefully, noticing that his hands were stuffed in his pockets and his eyes were glancing all across the floor.

"You gave the ring back," Louis finally spoke after a few moments of silence, letting out a bitter laugh when he pulled his hand out from his pocket. Harry's eyes followed the movement and watched when Louis uncurled his fingers to expose the ring resting on his palm. Harry felt a wave of guilt settle in the pit of his stomach before he was letting out a sigh and setting the apple off to the side.

"Yeah." Harry twisted his lips to the side as he reached to grab the ring with his fingers.

"Look, if you did this because I yelled at you-"

"No, that wasn't why," Harry quickly assured, setting the ring down on the coffee table in front of them. He furrowed his eyebrows together and glanced back into Louis' eyes, swallowing when he realized how hurt Louis looked from all this. "I gave it back so you could focus on your pack. Ever since I was given this ring, you've been too drawn to me."

Louis let out a huff and tossed his hands defeatedly in the air. "I gave it to you for a reason, though," Louis nearly cried. "It's part of the mating process, Harry. You can't just pause the whole thing by giving the ring back. It takes a lot more than that."

"Yeah, but you said I was a distraction, and that I -"

"I didn't mean it, okay?" Louis interrupted loudly, causing Harry to flinch at the sudden burst of his voice. Louis let out a sigh and slumped against the couch, folding his arms over his chest and moving his eyes over to look at the said ring. "I shouldn't have yelled at you like that or scared you like that. I was just stressed about the whole thing, and I wanted to put the blame on you when you've literally done nothing but be there for me."