Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

Preface

Howdy! My name is Leigh Heasley. Kairos—originally titled The Kairos Temporal Matchmaking Service—is my first novel. 

It is an immensely silly idea that came to me all at once near the end of 2016. Shortly thereafter, I wrote the first two chapters and shared them with my closest friends. While their response was overwhelmingly positive (they're pretty great friends), I fell into a cycle of self-doubt and constant editing and rewriting. It took me nearly three months to write these first two chapters, and then I stopped writing all together. 

In March of 2017, I decided to try out Wattpad. I thought that if I released my rough draft to the public, where someone else could read them, and maybe even get invested in the story, I would hold myself accountable and not radically change the story around on them, breaking the editing cycle. It worked! Since then, I have written well over 100k words for Kairos and finished it September 9, 2017. 

It also won a 2017 Watty. That was pretty rad. Thanks, Wattpad! 

Since November 23, 2017 there's been interest in Kairos from multiple publishers. On June 1, 2018, I finished the second draft of Kairos and sent it out for submission. It's a 97,000-word sci-fi action/romance and is told entirely from Ada's POV as she navigates the confusing world of dating with the extra complication of gangsters, crime, and temporal paradoxes. You know, some light beach reaching. After two years, this new never-before-read version is now available on Wattpad as part of the Paid Stories program because I honestly couldn't sit on it anymore and wanted to share it with people. 

If you are unable to support Kairos via the Paid program right now, that's okay! Hopefully you will be able to check it out when it becomes a television series. As of February 28, 2018, it was optioned for television for eOne Entertainment. In March of 2020, we found a scriptwriter and have moved to the next stage: Pitching to networks. Stay tuned!

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is: If you've got an idea, even if it's really silly—go for it, my dudes. You never know where it could take you. 

I hope you enjoy it! If you like Kairos, could you vote on its chapters or share it with a friend? Or, you can leave me a comment! I love comments. We can be friends. 

Thanks for reading! 

Leigh