1

new york city

Brianna

The water looked deep and inviting. I sighed and thought to myself, "Is this what you really want to do?" I heard foot steps but before I could psych myself out, I quickly removed all of my clothing and neatly folded them besides me before dipping my toes in it. I removed it quickly because of how cold it was. I just decided to jump into the water and closed myself and waited for everything to end.

I clenched my teeth together as my cheek shook rapidly because of the cold water. I managed to let my body float on the water as I looked up at the sky with two tears rolling down my face. I wrapped myself with my arms knowing that it won't help. I closed my eyes and just let everything take over.

About 15 minutes later, I felt my cold body being pulled out the cold water. I shot open my eyes and scrunched my face as I watch a light skin man hovered over my body. I quickly threw my hands over my chest and manage to fold my legs. "Who the fuck are you?" I growled crawling back from him.

"Why you cussin' at me? I just saved yo' ass." He said with a mean mug on his face.

"I ain't ask you for shit!" I yelled. I was kind of embarrassed because even though I didn't know this man from a can of paint. I didn't want him to think I was weak for trying to end my own life.

What was he doing out here anyways?

"What's wrong wit cho' face?" He said trying to reach out for my face. I smacked his hand down before he could reach for it and I looked at him like he done lost his marbles.

I studied his brown eyes, pink lips, structured cheek bones and growing beard. He was so attractive but I quickly looked away before rushing to grab my clothing and putting them on. "You can leave now." I frowned at him still sitting on the ground.

"Why you so mad for?"

"You don't know my life nigga! Fuck you and I said you can leave now!" I spat.

He put his hand up in the air, "You should thank me instead of yelling." He told me getting up and wiping the dirt off his black jeans. He walked about a few steps before looking behind back at me, "You sure you don't need some help?"

I rudely rolled eyes and didn't even look at him. I don't even know why he was being so annoying, like I asked him for any help. He finally left me and I was grateful for that. I got myself up and didn't even bother cleaning the dirt off of me. I decided to go back to the motel and try again tomorrow.

Walking along the side of the freeway, I shook my head at the events that happened moments ago. I finally arrived at the motel that I booked the night before. I swung the fridge door open before taking a sip of a half bottle of water that I drunk earlier that day.

I went into the dirty bathroom and held my breath from the wrecking stench. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw a young weak girl. My narrow eyes were now swollen and my busted lip stopped bleeding but it was bloody red. I touched my cheek and felt the growing bruises that were forming. I sucked in my tears because I wouldn't dare let myself become any more broken and I quickly left out the bathroom. I took a seat on the motel bed and thought what I was going to do from this point on.